Getting the best hotel and rates...

How do you do yours?

I personally use Tripadvisor to find what are the best places for my price range for the particular location. I then usually go to the hotels own website and check for the best rate there, usually contacting them to look for a better rate (definitely if staying over 2 nights) again.

I could possibly be doing something else to find better rates in good hotels so any advice? Any particular websites which offer actual discounts, worth going to?

Nice one for the sites listed. I'll check emout. there are many but i usually find the same prices in each although sometimes quoted in different ways.

Im actually looking for a nice hotel in central london for a 2 nite stay.
Something contemporary hopefully, West End (or Westminister or City failing that) and budget of abouts 200 notes per nite (2 ppl) with more avail if the place justifies it.

any reqs?

How do you do yours?

I personally use Tripadvisor to find what are the best places for my price range for the particular location. I then usually go to the hotels own website and check for the best rate there, usually contacting them to look for a better rate (definitely if staying over 2 nights) again.

I could possibly be doing something else to find better rates in good hotels so any advice? Any particular websites which offer actual discounts, worth going to?

I've heard of people checking all those sites, checking the hotels own website...then ringing them and getting a better rate again.....

The problem with many of the comparison websites like Trip advisor and Hotels comparison, is that they don't check ALL of them just a selection.

Best advice, is to check these anyway, but also check the hotel's own website, and a phone call or e-mail direct to the hotel may also be worth doing.

A lot of hotels won't reduce their own rates down to the "Wholesalers Rate" as they feel it devalues their offering, so they won't always drop the price just because you got it cheaper elsewhere, but it is certainly worth a shot.

Sometimes people get obsessed with the price, but it's not the only thing to consider. For example many of the "Wholesaler" hotel websites, offer good prices, but you have to pay in full, and in advance, many of these websites have very unfair cancellation policies, so watch this, one such website I used to use in the past, had a cancellation policy of at least 6 months before you got all your money back which is grossly unfair.

Personally I have found good value on www.1800hotels.ie ,what I like is they have an office in Dublin, and they will are prepared to negotiate the price with you if you ring them.

No one website is the best,never forget that. Not all hotels deal with all of the Wholesale websites, many don't deal with any of them.

For example if you are trying to stay in a particular hotel, (for it's location, event on there etc.)and hotels.com don't deal with every hotel, then it's no good to you.

The paying in full, and in advance, is a factor, but in fairness hotels.com do have a good cancellation policy compared to a lot of other whoresaler websites I could mention.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Pretty Limited

Fred Zeppelins, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼