Gambling in Sport

Obviously betting against your own team would be the worst, and probably career ending at the highest level, but any betting on football will have serious enough consequences.

Lengthy ban incoming.

Obviously betting against your own team would be the worst, and probably career ending at the highest level, but any betting on football will have serious enough consequences.

Lengthy ban incoming.
I don't understand this rule other than the betting on your own clubs matches. I mean, if Toney bets on Madrid to beat Barca for instance, how is this affecting the outcome in any way?

There's a very clear FA rule that I'm sure is drilled into everybody involved in the sport (yes, it involves coaches, owners, etc too) in Britain, so they can't complain really, no matter how recreational their bets are.

They can't bet on any football worldwide.

There's a very clear FA rule that I'm sure is drilled into everybody involved in the sport (yes, it involves coaches, owners, etc too) in Britain, so they can't complain really, no matter how recreational their bets are.

They can't bet on any football worldwide.
He's an idiot, he earns 50k a week and there's a good possibility he threw it all away because of greed. Most likely cost him a trip to WC as well.

My mates lost $6000 one time on gambling as a sophomore in college and it was absolutely devastating. I think every day what I could've done with that money. But block the gambling sites, I think there's the software you can get that will do that. I currently scratch my gambling itch with crypto trading and yield farming - it's kinda gambling like describe here, but you'll actually come out ahead unless you do really stupid stuff.

I wonder if these charges are materially different to the first set, or are just triggered by an additional bookie sharing his bets with the FA.

Either way, it looks like a tough road ahead. A ban of 6+ months if he's found to have bet on one if his club's games.

IMHO he should enjoy a nice new years day and then immediately take a break from PL games for ~7 weeks.

Good news for any sides* who has yet to play Brentford twice this season, as the source of 38% of their goals is imminently likely to end his season early.

For the good of the integrity of the game I'm sure we all hope it's resolved, one way or the other, by 4th April.

* City, not Arsenal btw

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼