Gambling in Sport

i enjoy a flutter, i'm not very good at it so i tend to bet small but i'm worried. 60% of all clubs in EPL and Championship are sponsored by betting companies, 9 of 20 shirt sponsors in epl alone, and most of these betting companies dont even operate in the uk. ray winstone and his in play betting.
tennis. atp tour as dodgy as del boy. golf markets a handy earner for the bookies taking each way bets on long shots. horse racing industry... kudos to the gaa for taking a stand and not taking the bookies coin.
sports betting advertising is all over sport consumption today. i know most adults can enjoy the game without a flutter but are our kids being conditioned to associate sport with gambling and vice versa? my 8 year old drew a picture of messi recently and he included the advertising banners around the field with bet365 plastered all over it, that worrys me.
i'd be interested to read the thoughts of contributors on here. is it getting too much?

Only bet what you can afford.
Only buy a house you can afford.
Only go for dinner in places you can afford.

It's not that hard really.

your right, it's not. I agree wholeheartedly.personal responsibility is the most important factor here.
impressionable kids (cue helen lovejoy) is my worry. not all teenagers or young adults have the cop on to not get carried away and bet more than they can afford to loose. and these are the very people being targeted and who make up the vast majority Of The bookmakers profits.. id be surprised if people dont see the gambling industries tactics for what they are.

I was being a bit facetious in fairness.
I don't think they should be allowed advertise on kids jerseys for example..

You do heat about certain bookies deliberately targeting customers with high losses and patterns that are clearly addictive tendencies, that should be looked at.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Darren K

The Pav, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼