former strikers/forwards who became successful managers

i was struggling with this a bit over the weekend. i had to go back to clough and dalglish to find people to fit the bill. the majority of managers were defenders and midfielders.

i am doubtless missing loads of people...in the current top flight it seems david wagner was a (not very successful) forward.

mark hughes had moderate success i suppose.

which obvious ones am i missing? edit: jull heynckes is one. some may argue for cryuff but was he was not and out and out forward...

i was struggling with this a bit over the weekend. i had to go back to clough and dalglish to find people to fit the bill. the majority of managers were defenders and midfielders.

i am doubtless missing loads of people...in the current top flight it seems david wagner was a (not very successful) forward.

mark hughes had moderate success i suppose.

which obvious ones am i missing?

:cool:
Erm.... a certain Alex Ferguson was a centre-forward.

Bit of a stretch here

George Graham (born 30 November 1944) is a Scottish former football player and manager. He made 455 appearances in the Football League as a midfielder or forward for Aston Villa, Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United, Portsmouth and Crystal Palace.

Bit of a stretch here

George Graham (born 30 November 1944) is a Scottish former football player and manager. He made 455 appearances in the Football League as a midfielder or forward for Aston Villa, Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United, Portsmouth and Crystal Palace.

:cool:
Johan Cruyff.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

29th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Song Of Granite (G) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8:05pm

More events ▼