Examiner Front Page - Online.

Carmona

I just opened the Examiner there and really, you ask yourself, why?

There are 3 (or 4) stories/links to and about Miley Cyrus. (Just popped back to get the spelling right!) Some of the problem is woeful design but there are three separate stories there as well.

Now I know the paper is considered mid to low brow but Christ, this is ott surely. It's not just that I'm old and boring, is it? I'm actually getting worried about this celebrity crap. It's looking more and more like an intentional dumbing down of the people.

I just opened the Examiner there and really, you ask yourself, why?

There are 3 (or 4) stories/links to and about Miley Cyrus. (Just popped back to get the spelling right!) Some of the problem is woeful design but there are three separate stories there as well.

Now I know the paper is considered mid to low brow but Christ, this is ott surely. It's not just that I'm old and boring, is it? I'm actually getting worried about this celebrity crap. It's looking more and more like an intentional dumbing down of the people.

so you come here then to discuss it?

thats my point. giving out about zaminer being low brow yet discussing it here where low brow would be a major compliment.

We discuss everything and anything on here. Low, middle and high. What's the problem? The Examiner is/was a major Cork institution. This is the PRoC.

I just found it incredible that an Irish 'national' newspaper would have 3 or 4 links and stories on a young celebrity. Pop Hollywood mag, fine. Front page of a newspaper? Quite worrying.

There's one Cyrus story under 'Most read' - which is due to number of hits, not the Examiner's choice - and two under 'Showbiz' about two-thirds of the way down the page.

What's the problem?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Henry Glassie: Fieldwork (G) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 8:05pm

More events ▼