England or South Africa

England or South Africa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
From the front page of today's (London) Independent:

For a country obsessed by sport which has recently undergone a major political transformation, this evening's match represents an opportunity to forget troubles back home. Its team does not accurately reflect the ethnic make-up of the nation. The sport is dominated by a white, moneyed elite. Its towns and cities are plagued by the curse of gangs and gun crime. Its politicians are at a loss over how to deal with Robert Mugabe. Its current political leader lives in the shadow of his famous predecessor who changed the perception of his country around the world. The nation is one of the most racially diverse in the world, but integration remains a problem. The song its fans love to sing is a hymn to the historic struggle of the black man. But, for a night, this beleaguered people will leave all those cares behind and rely on their sporting heroes for consolation. Come on England!

2/5 South Africa 9/4 England 20/1 Draw
england just got past the french and were hammered by south africa, south africa beat argentina well and then argentina beat the french for the second, would you back south africa at those odds?

2/5 South Africa 9/4 England 20/1 Draw
england just got past the french and were hammered by south africa, south africa beat argentina well and then argentina beat the french for the second, would you back south africa at those odds?

Ah, but you see... England just got past the France, who beat Ireland in the group, who hammered South Africa in a test match in November. It's very hard to say really...:rolleyes:

South Africans are dogs, skyving shuffley bastards who'd rob the socks off ya given the chance.. this is a sweeping statement. I make no apologies for it.

SA to win I hope. Plain and simple. It would be during the six nations next year that all we will be listening to is "the world champions this, the world champions that" and the fact that I don't like england to win anything in sport or anything else for that matter.

So if Ireland won it we wouldn't be hearing the same thing from your media. You need to mature.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

The Darts

The Pav, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼