Do you now need a smartphone or a printer to attend a Cork county final?

Saw a bloke on Sunday trying to get in and he said he had no cash but I think the OP makes a valid point. The tickets say that they're non-transferable so, according to CCB and Universe their online partners for the tickets, you're not really supposed to buy one on behalf of someone else
All that means is the you can only use the ticket if your name is on it. You can buy the ticket for someone else, the system allows put whichever name you want on it.

Nothing stopping a family member etc using the old stock's card to pay for the ticket. Thats the name that'll be on the ticket.
There's an amount of "bachelor farmers" who've been following the GAA for many years. I think there should still be a cash, or even card, gate where you could buy a ticket on the day. Not everybody is computer savvy or has access to someone who is.

Overheard someone come into the North Stand on Sunday claiming he'd been refused permission to enter the South Stand having been told it was full. Certainly didn't look full.

Lads I think ye're being harsh. It's like anything, easy enough when you know what to do. But for some technology is a big issue and not everyone has somebody to help them out

There's an amount of "bachelor farmers" who've been following the GAA for many years. I think there should still be a cash, or even card, gate where you could buy a ticket on the day. Not everybody is computer savvy or has access to someone who is.

Overheard someone come into the North Stand on Sunday claiming he'd been refused permission to enter the South Stand having been told it was full. Certainly didn't look full.
Cash is filthy at the best of times, let alone in the middle of a pandemic. Agree to a certain extent on having a card reader for some tickets but you give that option and lazy people wont bother getting it online at all. Time to move with the times. If it was a local club grounds, grand, but you don't see people rocking up to Old Trafford or an equivalent size stadium to PUC with cash looking for tickets. Regardless of the level of game.

Lads I think ye're being harsh. It's like anything, easy enough when you know what to do. But for some technology is a big issue and not everyone has somebody to help them out
Spot on. Why should you have to go through the hassle of an on-line purchase when you could pop up to the kiosk at PUC and buy your ticket in 10 seconds flat. And don't spout any rubbish about health-and-safety about buying a ticket in such a manner when the authorities are happy for up to 50,000 to sit next to one another in a stadium for up to two hours. The bottom line is that if the CCB is going solely for the on-line route then it is making attendance at matches more difficult for people in general and impractical for some of its most loyal and longstanding patrons. Personally, I will keep my spend my money elsewhere if that is the attitude.

Cash is filthy at the best of times, let alone in the middle of a pandemic. Agree to a certain extent on having a card reader for some tickets but you give that option and lazy people wont bother getting it online at all. Time to move with the times. If it was a local club grounds, grand, but you don't see people rocking up to Old Trafford or an equivalent size stadium to PUC with cash looking for tickets. Regardless of the level of game.
Where is your evidence that cash is a problem in the current pandemic?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Niamh Murphy & Declan Sinnott
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

23rd Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼