daft funk....am i missing something here?

daft punk tribute act in cyprus avenue?

so they don the robot suits, and do what?play daft punk tracks off cd? surely if they are good enough to get all the electronic trickery they would be doing their own thing? bizarre.

dont get it at all....will no-doubt be rammed though.

Rumour has it that the real daft punk tour as daft funk and that the daft punk live shows are done by a tribute act. Nobody can tell the difference because of the identical robot suits.

Same idea as this:

daft punk tribute act in cyprus avenue?

so they don the robot suits, and do what?play daft punk tracks off cd? surely if they are good enough to get all the electronic trickery they would be doing their own thing? bizarre.

dont get it at all....will no-doubt be rammed though.

Saw a daft punk tribute act last year (dont think they were the same), they wore the helmets etc.. and looped the shit out of celebration.. It was cringe. they were completely shit..

it would be pretty easy to cut up daft punk tracks into loops and use ableton to mix/cue them.

they might have been able to get the midi tracks/and or stems as well, and then they do the vocals through a simple vocoder over the top.

i dont really like cover bands, but they exist and people enjoy listening to them. if the demand is there....

also you might make more money/get more gigs playing other peoples tunes rather than your own electronic tracks.

in fairness most cover bands are more than able musicians, it is just what they choose to do/play.

if you are interested go check it out - if you are not - go anyway just to throw eggs at them.

either way you should have a laugh.

I was thinking the same but i've decided to go.

Sure look, if you love Daft punk then it'll be a good night anyway. Of class tunes and funky outfits.
Cant go wrong.

Saw the poster in Plugd alright. What a load of horse shit

likes_this_m2.jpg

As modern electronic music evolves, things like this will eventually become more commonplace and accepted.

You're all up on your high horse, because you don't see it as art.
This is the future. Get with the times.

It's a cultural movement.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..

King K

Clancys, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼