Cyclists

Nice to see you supporting a thug intimidating vulnerable road users. I suggest you watch the video.
I did watch the video but unlike you I'm not a liar triggered of my tits by RTBI. I called it as it was.
"Intimidating vulnerable roads" More lies, not one of them batted an eyelid. In fact the only one that took issue was a motorist, funny that eh.

Lots of words but little actual relatable content.
So let's go through this.

This is what you said originally.

Your claim was there was some concrete plan to upgrade the N40 to motorway status but BusConnects stopped it.
Your post above with all your links doesn't even allude to this.

The development and implementation of BusConnects in Cork has ZERO implications on whether the N40 is or will ever be upgraded to a Motorway. To say or suggest it is just false and fake news.

So lets go through your links.

Your first link is for a 2018 road allocation which mentioned a mere €75k for a study on the potential to reclassify the N40 to Motorway.
So, what has happened since? Nothing..
Surely you know a study isn't a plan or even a serious plan (know the difference)? In fact it merely confirms my suspicion that the N40 will never be a motorway with 120km/h speed limits

Your second link is for the M28 upgrade projects.
Not one mention of BusConnects on that website...
So... whats your point? Why post that link? Beats me..

That isn't the N40 ya fool, that is the South Link road, also called the N27.

View attachment 31885

So in other words, your whole argument is based on you getting confused between the N40 (The South Ring Road) and the N27 (The South Link Road).
Yeap, your status of an ignorant dumbass has now been confirmed.

You are welcome.
1. A learner driver is not allowed to drive on a Motorway.

2. The N40 was planned to be a Motorway due to the amount of traffic travelling on that roadway
That is how Motorway designations are decided.

3. Just because a road is classed as a Motorway then that does not automatically mean that the speed limit on that Motorway is 120 kph, as an example, the M8 section from Dunkettle up to Junction 18 ( Glanmire North ) is a 100 kph limit.
This is due to the amount of twists on that section of road.
You have previously mentioned that there are variable speed limits on the M50, this motorway also has a 100 kph limit.

4. You specifically said that there was absolutely no plan whatsoever to designate the N40 a motorway, my subsequent links proved you wrong and that you are an arrogant prick.

5. You made an absolute fucking idiot of yourself by posting the first map that you found on that site. You are a moron, it is the next one, that is the one of the N40, that is the roadway which we are discussing not the one you posted, that is the N 27, so it is you that is the fool here.

6. I know very well the difference between the South Link and the South Ring and I do not need a fool like you, having the audacity in attempting to tell me something I know very well and for a very long time.

7. The fact remains, on that second map, there is a label on the N40, put there by someone in BusConnects stating that the N40 can be an alternative route.

Screenshot_20240420_004721_Drive.jpg

8. The fact remains, if the N40 had become an M 40, then legally, learner drivers could not use that " alternative route ".

9. The fact remains, you have just made an absolute fucking idiot of yourself.

Last edited:
Nice to see you supporting a thug intimidating vulnerable road users. I suggest you watch the video.
In the video I saw the 'shared area' becomes a footpath which he approaches at speed.
The green light he claims is for pedestrians/cyclists already on the junction/shared path.
Under the law he technically broke the red traffic light.
The truck driver was right to beep his/her horn to alert the vulnerable pedestrians to the bike who approaches the footpath at speed.
The pedestrians then looked to their left and became aware of the cyclist.
Due to the truck driver alerting the pedestrians, Right to bike becomes offended and must confront the truck driver to confirm his entitlement.
If there was marked Garda Car at the junction at the red light he would not have done what he done.

In the video I saw the 'shared area' becomes a footpath which he approaches at speed.
The green light he claims is for pedestrians/cyclists already on the junction/shared path.
Under the law he technically broke the red traffic light.
The truck driver was right to beep his/her horn to alert the vulnerable pedestrians to the bike who approaches the footpath at speed.
Due to the truck driver alerting the pedestrians, Right to bike becomes offended and must confront the truck driver to confirm his entitlement.
If there was marked Garda Car at the junction at the red light he would not have done what he done.
Of course the very fact that he chooses to cycle down that way is purely for video footage for his ongoing quest to prove cyclists are being victimised.
Very few people who swing left into that car park, will check that cycle lane and our heroic chicken man has discovered this.

Last edited:
I did watch the video but unlike you I'm not a liar triggered of my tits by RTBI. I called it as it was.
"Intimidating vulnerable roads" More lies, not one of them batted an eyelid. In fact the only one that took issue was a motorist, funny that eh.
It's amazing how blind supporters of thug cyclists are - put direct video evidence of intimidation of pedestrians in front of them and they "didn't see nuttin'". Everyone else can judge for themselves:

Not one pedestrian batted an eyelid at RTB at that junction. No one was bothered by his presence.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Funny Fridays Special

City Limits, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼