Cork u20 Hurling 2024

There is Selector on the minor team who never played at any level and only Saw his first game when he moved over here. You cannot make this shit up.
Does that matter? Can someone who didn't play still offer something if they are a good communicator,etc? Maybe sometimes if starting fresh they might look at things differently to someone at it all their life.
I wouldn't say it's overly unusual anymore. Different set ups have people from other codes etc.
And definitely a good player doesn't always make a good coach.
Look at Tipp u20s last night, Fintan O'Connor who's a selector never played hurling and had zero involvement until he had to look after a team in Blackwater community school.
Since then he's managed Kerry senior hurlers, Waterford IT in Fitzgibbon cup.
And Cummins brought him into his u20 set up.
All those teams wouldn't bring him along just for the sake of it , especially at the level they operate.
I know zero about whoever is with Cork minors but I'm just saying it's possible someone can still offer something regardless of their background in the game

Does that matter? Can someone who didn't play still offer something if they are a good communicator,etc? Maybe sometimes if starting fresh they might look at things differently to someone at it all their life.
I wouldn't say it's overly unusual anymore. Different set ups have people from other codes etc.
And definitely a good player doesn't always make a good coach.
Look at Tipp u20s last night, Fintan O'Connor who's a selector never played hurling and had zero involvement until he had to look after a team in Blackwater community school.
Since then he's managed Kerry senior hurlers, Waterford IT in Fitzgibbon cup.
And Cummins brought him into his u20 set up.
All those teams wouldn't bring him along just for the sake of it , especially at the level they operate.
I know zero about whoever is with Cork minors but I'm just saying it's possible someone can still offer something regardless of their background in the game
Above is exactly where we are. Lovely communicators and lets all gather round the fireside . This kind of shite would not be tolerated in Kilkenny.

I’ve been a big supporter of his, even on proc, but things are so bad in Cork GAA now that I think Kevin O Donovan’s position is in jeopardy and if it isn’t it should be.
The last fella ran amok. We need accountability.
I think he has 2 years left with Horgan as Chairman and then up next is his West Cork buddy O'Callaghan so Donovan aint going nowhere for the next 5 years
And anyway the only one who decides if he stays or leaves is himself
The only way he leaves before that is if a top job comes up for him in Croke Park

Who's have thought 2 lads from West Cork Junior hurling clubs will be in charge of the crucial future decision making of Cork Hurling.

Who's have thought 2 lads from West Cork Junior hurling clubs will be in charge of the crucial future decision making of Cork Hurling.
What’s your point?
Is it Give the power and control over Cork hurling to the Rockies again like what was done in the 70s & watch both club and county teams collapse..

You ever hear of lads called Kiely & Kinnerk from football clubs.. they aren’t too bad in fairness like at the hurling.. for the best it’s a simple game

Anyway, let’s keep tippy tapping away here.. we will soon be heading for 30 years of the shite

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Kidnapped (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 1:45pm

More events ▼