Cork u20 Hurling 2024

Are you sure?

CORK: P O’Sullivan (Fr O’Neills); O McAdoo (Blackrock), K Lyons (Ballygarvan), D Cashman (Bride Rovers); J Dwyer (Ballincollig), O O’Regan (Erins Own), B Walsh (Killeagh); M Finn (Midleton), T O’Connell (Ballincollig); D Healy (Lisgoold), J Leahy (Dungourney), D Cremin (Midleton); R O’Sullivan (Na Piarsaigh), W Buckley (St Finbarr’s), E O’Leary (Glen Rovers).

Subs: J Galvin (Éire Óg) for O’Connell (h-t), J Casey (Youghal) for Leahy, B O’Flynn (Sarsfields) for O’Sullivan (both 40), J O’Brien (Fermoy) for Lyons (48), J Murray (Youghal) for Cremin, R Troy (Newtownshandrum) for Cashman (58), B Nyhan (Clyda Rovers) for Buckley, R O’Connell (Bride Rovers) for Finn (both 60).
Thats correct Wilk did not play in this match i was at the game.

Timmy Wilk went over on his ankle in a freshers semi final with UCC against DCU after about a minute, think its his ligaments. Should be back in a few weeks hopefully. Great player.

Here's the video, I never saw it before
I watched the first 10 minutes.
When did it happened
I must watch the game again but both Tony and Tim played on for most of the game at least and Tony stood out in the U-21 final a week later in Cork's win over Galway and was the highest scorer in that championship. He was also older than 19, in fact he was 21 at the time and he was the oldest of the group who went on to play senior from the U-21 champions that year which also included Ger Cunningham, John Hodgins, Kevin Hennessy and 2 subs Tomas Mulcahy & Pat Hartnett. Tomas Mul scored a cracking goal in the '83 final and he was still a year younger than Tony Sull was in the '82 final so this idea Tony was too young and frail is only bull. Tony sufferred a knock and so did Tim Crowley and it affected both their performances but as a team Cork were caught off guard, the biggest problem was that Martin O'Doherty wasn't match fit after returning from the U.S.

I must watch the game again but both Tony and Tim played on for most of the game at least and Tony stood out in the U-21 final a week later in Cork's win over Galway and was the highest scorer in that championship. He was also older than 19, in fact he was 21 at the time and he was the oldest of the group who went on to play senior from the U-21 champions that year which also included Ger Cunningham, John Hodgins, Kevin Hennessy and 2 subs Tomas Mulcahy & Pat Hartnett. Tomas Mul scored a cracking goal in the '83 final and he was still a year younger than Tony Sull was in the '82 final so this idea Tony was too young and frail is only bull. Tony sufferred a knock and so did Tim Crowley and it affected both their performances but as a team Cork were caught off guard, the biggest problem was that Martin O'Doherty wasn't match fit after returning from the U.S.
Tony O Sullivan was 19 in 1982...he won a Minor Football All -Ireland medal in 1981.

Apologies should have said both were born in 1963 tony won all ireland minor medals in both codes and 2 u21 football medals and 1 u21 hurling medal.

Last edited:
bluesball and Cork1990

My apologies to both of you on Tony's age, I checked Wikipedia before my above post and I thought it showed Tony to be born in '61 but now it definitely shows him to be born in '63. However Tomas Mul was a sub in the '82 U-21 final and started on the senior team for the '83 final scoring a cracking goal. Tony was the top scorer in the '82 U-21 championship so I can't see why anyone would deem him to be too young or frail to play in that years senior final.

Last edited:
Tony was the top scorer in the '82 U-21 championship so I can't see why anyone would deem him to be too young or frail to play in that years senior final.
He wasn’t too young at all. Just got dogged out of it as did others on the day by underdogs who came with a physical game plan. Tony Sull is as stylish a hurler as I’ve ever seen in a Cork jersey, one of our genuine all time greats, another incredible Cork sportsman. When you compare Tony Sull in action as smooth as silk on the wing to some of the JCBs that play there now it would make you nearly cry.

bluesball and Cork1990

My apologies to both of you on Tony's age, I checked Wikipedia before my above post and I thought it showed Tony to be born in '61 but now it definitely shows him to be born in '63. However Tomas Mul was a sub in the '82 U-21 final and started on the senior team for the '83 final scoring a cracking goal. Tony was the top scorer in the '82 U-21 championship so I can't see why anyone would deem him to be too young or frail to play in that years senior final.
No Panic.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Coldplace - The World's Leading Coldplay Tribute
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

20th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Not Another Disco

The Pavilion, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼