Cork Minor Hurling 2024

Tough watch at times tbh. Backs looked out of their depth, too slow in thought and in deed. Full back did really well after a bad start, attacked the ball and was rewarded for it, unfortunately those around him were caught flatfooted constantly. I counted one ruck in the game that we won. Huge failing for Cork teams at every level it seems.

Cork seemed surprised at the pace of the game, they seemed to be always a yard or two slower, they were looking and expecting frees that were never going to be given and were knocked off the ball too often. Hopefully they can take onboard the step up needed and we see a reaction against Limerick who will be even more physical than Tipp no doubt.
Lost one minor game away by 4 points and suddenly we are the next Offaly, and we wonder why the rest of the country hates us! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I don’t know a thing about this team or nothing . Only what I read here. I was expecting a serious hammering from what I read . If this Tipp team is best team in Ireland . A 4 point defeat in Thurlus isn’t that bad at all. Big question for me is there a few lads in the group that could go all the way . Be nice to have 2-3 from each minor team over the next few years to keep what we have above on their toes.

I don’t know a thing about this team or nothing . Only what I read here. I was expecting a serious hammering from what I read . If this Tipp team is best team in Ireland . A 4 point defeat in Thurlus isn’t that bad at all. Big question for me is there a few lads in the group that could go all the way . Be nice to have 2-3 from each minor team over the next few years to keep what we have above on their toes.
The 1st line says it all...

I definitely think there are a few very nice players in this group. O'Brien has a bit of class about him, load of pace too. Brosnan had a few lovely touches and worked very hard, he looks like a fine player for an u16. Cormac Deane was quiet but again, only u16 - he will come good. Adam Lee got two outrageous points but just didn't get fed enough after. As said previously, O'Connor at 3 had a very good game after a difficult start.

Be nice to have 2-3 from each minor team over the next few years to keep what we have above on their toes.
Absolutely spot on. That’s all that’s needed.
And every 7-8 years a particularly strong group where 6-7 break through onto the seniors. I love looking back on old programmes seeing some fellas that turned into excellent senior cork hurlers being subs at some of these underage matches.

Look lads the dogs on the street are saying with the last 18 months + that this is a weak minor team. Weak Round the middle in particular, a problem that the minor footballers also have apparently.
I hope they prove everyone wrong and win an AI. Based on tonight’s game the dogs are right.

Well said
It was a bad night
Our touch was off, rising catching etc
They will do okay
Tipp couldnt put us away when
we didn't play well
What I loved was before the throw in
not one Cork player backed down and gave as good as he got
from his opposite number

Lost one minor game away by 4 points and suddenly we are the next Offaly, and we wonder why the rest of the country hates us! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Blades
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

7th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Kidnapped (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 5:30pm

More events ▼