Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I would agree with you that Coleman leaves a huge hole by rushing up to make the block but you couldn't say he was more at fault than Tim (who if he goes as soon as the pop pass to Ryan is made would get to the D for sure) or Darragh or Joyce who don't even bother sprinting back.

Hayes' tackle is from a different age of hurling. There is no way you will a see a Limerick forward (or a Clare, Waterford or KK one for that matter) use that technique... his two hands are on the hurley so instead of opening his arms and soaking in the Clare player he bounces him off and then starts walking again. Hayes needs to bring way more aggression to his game or it just won't happen for him.

To be fair to Cork, this clip was the polar opposite of what we saw in the first half where we got the bodies back, particularly the 2 wing forwards and we were putting in the hits. They did the compare and contrast better on the Sunday game on the day of the match. So are they just flahed (they shouldn't be) or is the defensive system and technique poorly coached, or is it individual players not doing what they should? It's probably a combination of all 3.

And fair fucks to Barrett also, the only player putting in any effort in that whole passage of play.
I Agree with alot of this but Coleman caused the breach not TOM who was further from the play than Joyce and Downey.

If Cork can continue to improve the way they did v Clare then they can beat the Limerick team that stutters in Munster. Limerick in the AI is a different machine altogether.
I’d agree with that. Limerick have their 2 wins, they might even give Coughlan or O’Connor a start.

There is a cutting loose moment coming for this group of Cork players, they have the potential to get 4 or 5 goals and really rip a team apart - Joyce, Fitzgibbon, Barrett, Connolly etc. unlikely that limerick are the team that will let this happen, but it’s coming and hopefully it’s this year and comes in time to get us out of Munster

I Agree with alot of this but Coleman caused the breach not TOM who was further from the play than Joyce and Downey.
He is closer to our goal though. It’s a non negotiable for most teams that when 5 is beaten 7 gets his arse to the D.

Watch the limerick response here. It’s still a goal for Tipp but unreal how many bodies respond to the turnover

He is closer to our goal though. It’s a non negotiable for most teams that when 5 is beaten 7 gets his arse to the D.

Watch the limerick response here. It’s still a goal for Tipp but unreal how many bodies respond to the turnover

Fair point. None of our players were up to standard in the clip. I just wanted to call out the breach which wasnt being discussed.

The end is nigh but let us go out Saturday night with Songs and story of Yesteryear. Dagda will have all the answers Monday on the Loss and how Go Games are not being reffed to sufficient standard as the clash ball does not have a increased Decibel level. Which equals Go games taking place in Thurles. Outdoor threadmill will then simple say we are not a hurling County before heading to the Tennis Club for a game of mix doubles.

I got south stand tickets from a fella in work who is involved in a club in Limerick.

Loads of tickets available so I’d expect them to come on general sale in the coming days, usually Friday morning

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
Sin É, Coburg St

16th Jun 2024 @ 5:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼