Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Unless Robbie is carrying an injury there's no justification for not starting him. Beggars believe that a player we rely on to drive hard at defences and score doesn't get a chance. Their now knocking the confidence out of players like previous managers did. Your reward for playing consistently well over the early stages is have a seat bud if screwd up a bit in one game. Being ruthless doesn't always mean being smart.

I don't know what to think tbh.
On the one hand I am glad to see changes from last Sunday and in particular I wish Eoin Downey, Ethan Twomey and Brian Hayes well as they take the first steps of their inter county careers( I realise it is not the debut for any of the three).

On the other hand it smacks of panic and a management team who in their second year have no clue what team to play even though they have been playing matches for months now.

I feel sorry for Damien Cahalane, Ger Millerick, TOC, Sean Twomey, Mark Coleman and Conor Lehane who seem to be taking the blame for what was a desperately poor team performance where very very few could claim to have played well.

I think Pat Horgan is very lucky to have kept his place and some of those dropped have good reason to be very disappointed.

There are a lot of questions that can be asked. TOM and Ethan Twomey were on the bench last week and not introduced but start this week

I don't think any of this reflects well on management and I think they more than any player are under pressure. They very badly need a win, a good losing performance will not be enough imo.

We all want the best for Cork and we will be there supporting the team as always. We are looking for the signs that a real team is emerging, I thought we saw it last year against Limerick and mu hope is that on Sunday we will get back to the level and move forward with a win.

A win will change everything around Cork hurling and set up the game against Limerick brilliantly.
👍

Unless Robbie is carrying an injury there's no justification for not starting him. Beggars believe that a player we rely on to drive hard at defences and score doesn't get a chance. Their now knocking the confidence out of players like previous managers did. Your reward for playing consistently well over the early stages is have a seat bud if screwd up a bit in one game. Being ruthless doesn't always mean being smart.
Robbie hasn't been playing so how can you say he's been playing consistently well?

In the space of a few months, and for the cardinal sin of seeing players daily but differently to people who only see them for 70 mins every week or so, it appears to some that PR has morphed into a blinkered despot who's ruining the young players he managed to 2 AI because he's scared of Hoggie, or some such rubbish.

Ffs.

The speed at which people are willing to turn on the management & players has genuinely surprised me.

Agree it’s very hard to call. Outside of Limerick there isn’t a puck between 5-6 other teams really as they are all rebuilding, inconsistent, unpredictable or struggling someway or another to varying degrees.
Up until last Sunday I would have rated Clare as better than Cork and likely to win. Many still do but a lot will depend on how Clare respond to their collapse v Limerick. I think it will have to have drained them mentally if not also physically so think there could be an opportunity there for Cork.
But on both sides I think there's a huge amount of uncertainty after last week and nobody will really know until the ball is thrown in.
Could easily be a draw game too

I thought there might be five changes but amazed at six
Hoggy must be retained for frees on home soil
Defences it’s horses for courses and match ups

Ballsy selection. Probably couldn’t drop Hoggy though. They need a united camp and his whinging and sulking would be detrimental.

I fee for the Roche twins.

Hope Hayes proves me wrong but I don’t see it .

If the stories are true then 14 of that named team start. MC comes in and ET wing back with TOM. If playing is what I heard this morning.
That would be odd. Has he ever played wing back in a big game?

I actually think it's 6 changes which is a big number by any standards.
Mellerick, cahalane, O'Connell, Coleman, Lehane, Twomey all started last Sunday.
You’re right, it is 6, something I called for in the last few days so I’ll give them credit for that, but picking Seamie and Hoggie to start is the wrong call
It's a massive gamble by the management. If that team actually clicks together and Cork win it can change the whole season and gives the potential to go from strength to strength.
but of course the very opposite could easily happen too.
Our whole season now rests on ifs buts and maybes and a team that never even came close to playing together.
I'm finding it very hard to call what way it will go
god help us if Clare recover from last sunday

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 10:00 am
More info..

In Da F House

Levis Corner House, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼