Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Other side to that is we have them lined up. This is the game we have to win.
if both teams play to their potential, Cork win.

Love having nerves on championship week!!
I hate it, it’s worse than as a player where you can do something about it

Talking to a Waterford man, would know him a few years now living up here.
Always winding each other up.
Met him passing before the league game, he said he was going but he said 'I won't look into the result this weekend biy, tis all about April biy. I have it on good word from home Davy is only talking about April'
I have one of them too 🤣, he’s in total despair, he can’t wait for 2025 when Davy is gone

Tommy Walsh
As Sunday closes in I can't get away from the thought that we are walking into the perfect storm, we will be facing a team that are almost written off, even by their own supporters, a team led by the ultimate trickster who have nothing to lose and a huge amount to gain, in their own backyard. It doesn't take a lot of imagination to guess Davey's recent team talks. This could be the toughest test of the four games and is an awfully difficult start.
Granted the league game is a poor barometer but it is important to remember that when they did open up the hit eight unanswered scores and pretty much ripped us apart, and we had a strong team on the field.
I am hopeful that we have enough to come through this but I can't get away from the feeling that they are already looking up the road waiting for us to arrive. " Come in to my parlour,said the spider to the fly"
Tommy Walsh thinks the same.

He believes Waterford will be licking their lips looking forward to Cork walking into the ambush they have planned.

He says they have been written off far too quickly. They still have very good players throughout the field that can cause problems for any team.

Cork will need to be fully prepared and on point.

I trust Pat Ryan won't be complacent.

This is going to be a battle on Sunday. Waterford will have a full squad available, new ground, written off, 6 weeks to prepare, they will be bursting for us. Win it and we are set up to get out of Munster. This is it lads, get ready!

Great that’s we’ve a nearly full panel to choose from - no excuses
from reading Pat Ryan comments it looks like the only question is whether they start Dalton or go with Twomey (or Hayes) instead.

Will they start Coleman - probably not.

Looks like Lehane at 11 based on league which would not be my preference but obviously mgt have faith in him.

Big game for our subs - all surely capable of earning a starting spot in later games.

I’m really looking forward to it.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

9th May 2024 @ 10:00 am
More info..

Indie/Folk Music

Franciscan Well Brew Pub, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼