Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Ya very ridiculous comment lol . The greatest player that ever played the game left his club to join the Glen . The rest is history . Sometimes you have to make sacrifices to better yourself.
Not quite 100% true, Christy played Minor hurling for St Enda’s because Cloyne couldn’t field a team. Christy then moved to the city and was a good few months without any club before Jack Lynch intervened and invited him up to the Glen. He didn’t actually leave Cloyne so he could play with the Glen

I said it to a few others who were at the preview night after the panel had finished about Landers comment on Connolly and they all seemed to think Landers is constantly spouting shite, I don't listen to his podcast so I wouldn't know myself. Surely something would have been mentioned by now officially about the injury

At the end of the day junior A city is a bad level for him to be play at . This year I don’t see him making the team. He will be playing against the City senior clubs 3rd teams come championship . There has being a load players who moved from Junior clubs to city senior clubs . It’s unfortunate there is no Seandun senior team . I dont know of any player at his level that played for a city junior club and hadn’t senior hurling championship . All im saying is that he could transfer without waiting the 96 weeks if he wanted to.
Not quite 100% true, Christy played Minor hurling for St Enda’s because Cloyne couldn’t field a team. Christy then moved to the city and was a good few months without any club before Jack Lynch intervened and invited him up to the Glen. He didn’t actually leave Cloyne so he could play with the Glen

As different rules apply to Divisional teams in regards playing both Senior and Intermediate/Junior I wouldn't be surprised if he is eligible to play for Imokilly instead as he played with Whitechurch in Imokilly U20 championship last year opposed to Seandun. Also look at Whitecross who are technically East Cork and were back in the day with a neighbouring battle.

Not trying to piss you off here cranky but just wondering since you come from a similar enough club to whitechurch in terms of area and grade, would you be ok with him leaving for one of the big boys in the city if he was from dillon’s?
Never. Your club is far more important than intercounty. And I am unconvinced that playing Junior holds a player back.

I’d sooner be go off playing rugby than play for the Glen. Never liked that club and never will even if I do admire them.

Don't think his club will have any huge bearing on Mullins progression. It's definitely different nowadays.
It's in at training with the panel playing in house games and playing challenge games versus other counties where he'll learn most.
Plus he's already on the panel, people know who he is. So he'll get his opportunity. Be different if it was felt he needed a club championship to show what he can do, we already know what his potential is.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Primetime Comedy Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Etaoin Melville, Silent Voices

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 4pm

More events ▼