Cork Footballers

Frightening to think how convoluted and stupid the gaaaa make things. On the group frankly I expect us to be well competitive with the 2 northern teams and to beat Clare, we owe them that.
Tyrone are all over the shop performance wise, Donegal in Mordor would be a challenge but down the pairc I wouldn’t fear them although they would be favourites, lots of time to prep and get ready for this on our side
Don’t think our home game is down the pairc so we’ll have to hear a lot about that as usual but having Armagh or donegal come down is definitely a big advantage no matter where the match is played

I thought teams who played each other all ready could not be drawn against each other again. Now if donegal win ulster they end up playing Tyrone a few weeks after beating them.
No. Only provincial finals can’t be repeated and the seeding prevents that anyway. Technically Cork could get Kerry again but we know that wont happen.

It’s a good draw in the sense of winning on game gets us through and Clare away is a very winnable game. Probably the most winnable game in the draw, despite losing there last year.

I think we’d rattle the Ulster winners at home and Tyrone neutral too.

The state of the groups they landed Kerry and the Dubs in 😂
For a change the GAA must have been hoping for a tough group for the Dubs. With interest in the capital on the plummeting they could have done with something like Dublin, Mayo, Derry, Cork. With 3 teams coming out could hardly be called a group of death either.

Will the Dubs still get a second game in Croke Park for their "neutral venue" game?

For a change the GAA must have been hoping for a tough group for the Dubs. With interest in the capital on the plummeting they could have done with something like Dublin, Mayo, Derry, Cork. With 3 teams coming out could hardly be called a group of death either.

Will the Dubs still get a second game in Croke Park for their "neutral venue" game?
Yes because when it comes to the Jackeens, the GAA deem it both a home and neutral venue and 64% of the other county delegates agree.

Clare Away
Ulster Champions in Pairc Ui Rinn ( Pairc closed for 3 weeks after Springsteen)
Tyrone Neutral

They should really have renamed the place the 3 Arena Pairc.

Thanks Frank

At least when we were saddled with debt after the first Pairc we still got to see championship played there. Now it's a case of a few championship games if Rugby or concerts aren't happening at the time.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼