Cork Footballers

no stand tickets on ticketmaster - story withthat?
They were withdrawn from sale not too many minutes after going on sale. I got 3 of them (including two juveniles). Minutes later, somebody else on here could only get one of them. And then none.

The stand in Killarney is small, and there are two matches on - I wonder did stand tickets not otherwise allocated just sell out fast(?)

Perhaps some stand tickets otherwise reserved will come back and be put on sale.

On the positive side, the weather forecast (which could change of course) is looking good so it seems unlikely that a roof will be needed for shelter from the rain!

1713178142834.png

Expecting a crowd of just 20-25k. Gone are the days.
Time to get rid of the provisionals which are like a rusting old crock of a tractor in the middle of the yard getting in the way of everything. Sentimental value that’s it

If RTE pundits had their way, we'd just have a playoff between Kerry and Derry to see who'd meet Dublin in the AI final. With all matches in Croke Park.

But for the rest of the counties, the provincial championships gives a chance of knockout football in an intercounty championship competition (competitions which four counties will win), doing so at a time of the year when the surface is (ordinarily) suitable for fast football, and for which you don't have to travel 150-200 miles to attend the match.

Put Kerry, Derry, Dublin (who else?) in an elite 5th "provincial" championship (which they can choose to enter, or not), and let the rest of us have competitive provincial championships amongst geographically-adjacent counties.

If RTE pundits had their way, we'd just have a playoff between Kerry and Derry to see who'd meet Dublin in the AI final. With all matches in Croke Park.

But for the rest of the counties, the provincial championships gives a chance of knockout football in an intercounty championship competition (competitions which four counties will win), doing so at a time of the year when the surface is (ordinarily) suitable for fast football, and for which you don't have to travel 150-200 miles to attend the match.

Put Kerry, Derry, Dublin (who else?) in an elite 5th "provincial" championship (which they can choose to enter, or not), and let the rest of us have competitive provincial championships amongst geographically-adjacent counties.
Run it almost exactly like the NFL, 8 groups of 4, separated geographicaly you play within your divison, home and away, then across your level across the divisions home or away (or in croke park) so if you finished 3rd place in divison you play other 3rd placers etc and take as many as you want into a knock out all ireland series.

Make Kilkenny play as the 32nd team. Allow ringers in to make up numbers if required (NY would be too expensive) or give it to London

one competition to replace leage, provioncial and championship

I wouldn’t waste my money on heading down to Killarney. We’ll be robbed like every other year. The GAA can’t market a Cork v Dublin game in an All Ireland semi or final. I’d keep my money for a meal and a few pints in Cork.

I wouldn’t waste my money on heading down to Killarney. We’ll be robbed like every other year. The GAA can’t market a Cork v Dublin game in an All Ireland semi or final. I’d keep my money for a meal and a few pints in Cork.
Fuck it I’d much rather be down there after taking a scalp! The players deserve a lot more support than they get

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nicole Maguire
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

25th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Henry Glassie: Fieldwork (G) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 8:05pm

More events ▼