CD's you wasted your cash on...

Feel free to disagree, or add your own wastes of money.

* Beck's latest one where he raps.

* Stadium Arcadium; too high a standard set previously by the Chillis?

* Jack Johnson: dreary.

I suppose if I got broadband and Limewire forewarned would be forearmed...

* Stadium Arcadium; too high a standard set previously by the Chillis?

TBH they've become increasingly boring and formulaic over the last three albums. Stadium Arcadium is the album where it has really become obvious.

As for the original question, Syd Barrett - The Madcap Laughs. A couple of semi-decent tunes and the rest of the album to make you realise that he was in the middle of a nervous breakdown when he recorded it.

Oh yeah, Coldplay; bought a second one just to be sure I was fooled the first time; is it just me or does Mr. Gwyneth Paltrow induce the same sensation as too much Benylin extra drowsy? I lose the will to live even thinking about that whiny moan, and consequently have managed to avoid anything by James Blunt.

TBH they've become increasingly boring and formulaic over the last three albums. Stadium Arcadium is the album where it has really become obvious.

As for the original question, Syd Barrett - The Madcap Laughs. A couple of semi-decent tunes and the rest of the album to make you realise that he was in the middle of a nervous breakdown when he recorded it.

In fairness I don't think the chillis have been decent since Blood Sugar Sex Magic, and even then that was only alright.

I'm interested about that Syd Barrett album though, was thinking of getting it, especially after watching teh program about him last year on BBC.

As for the question, Oasis - Be Here Now, complete and utter shite.

Too many to list - I was given a load (which is not the same I know) of [c]RAP not long back - promptly binned after a half listen.... wtf does anyone get out of that stuff is beyond me...

suppose I'm a music snob as well :(

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

22nd May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Henry Glassie: Fieldwork (G) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 8:05pm

More events ▼