Batsh*t Crazy Green Party

What a stupid response. Does it matter whether it is Gript or the Guardian reporting here? How exactly do you establish whether someone is 'LGTB+' or not? Where is 4% picked from? What does it matter whether a person is 'LGBT+' or not? I doubt whether you are capable of answering one of those questions.

The one who's a gomie (clearly you're not acting) is the one who thought an organisation could change the makeup of its personnel demographics without actually hiring anyone new.
Link to where I said any of that, take you time now, liar, you really can't help yourself. You couldn't follow a simple convo between me and Padraig and tied yourself up in knots and then resorted to lying. Sad act
:lol!::lol!:

What a stupid response. Does it matter whether it is Gript or the Guardian reporting here? How exactly do you establish whether someone is 'LGTB+' or not? Where is 4% picked from? What does it matter whether a person is 'LGBT+' or not? I doubt whether you are capable of answering one of those questions.
I don’t work for RTÉ but in any case I’ve the same answer for both.

These are D&I targets not quotas. Understanding the difference is important.

Gript is not a reputable or independent news outlet. It is very clearly right wing and that is borne out by a quick glance at the type of ‘news’ they publish. Just last November they published an article incorrectly identifying a suspect in the stabbing that happened before the Dublin riots. McGuirk himself has made his views known on many topics for many years as his his right.

They're an accredited news outlet , no different to any of the rest of them.

Link to where I said any of that, take you time now, liar, you really can't help yourself. You couldn't follow a simple convo between me and Padraig and tied yourself up in knots and then resorted to lying. Sad act
:lol!::lol!:

One only needs to read this thread. The discussion came to RTE and its new woke targets for change. You then made some rather strange claim and when it was pointed out that your suggestion would be a potential minefield in an interview you claimed you weren't discussing interviews. But as has been pointed out to you it's impossible to change the demographic of an organisation without new hires, hence the need for interviews.

The fact that without a bread crumb trail you can't make the logical connection speaks volumes about how much of a dullard you are, or else the only liar here is you pretending that you weren't really talking about a change in demographic or questioning someone about their sexuality

You're a sadsack.

I don’t work for RTÉ but in any case I’ve the same answer for both.

These are D&I targets not quotas. Understanding the difference is important.

Gript is not a reputable or independent news outlet. It is very clearly right wing and that is borne out by a quick glance at the type of ‘news’ they publish. Just last November they published an article incorrectly identifying a suspect in the stabbing that happened before the Dublin riots. McGuirk himself has made his views known on many topics for many years as his his right.

Given what passes for mainstream media in this country, and the spin so many of them churn out on a regular basis, I think it behooves all intelligent people interested in current affairs to maintain a healthy scepticism about what they all churn out tbh. Best to sift through a number of outlets, including Gript, to try distil the actual truth rather than take the writings or broadcastings of just one or two outlets as Gospel (and ironically enough we now know the Gospels themselves weren't always factual).

Given what passes for mainstream media in this country, and the spin so many of them churn out on a regular basis, I think it behooves all intelligent people interested in current affairs to maintain a healthy skepticism about what they all churn out tbh. Best to sift through a number of outlets, including Gript, to try distil the actual truth rather than take the writings or broadcastings of just one or two outlets as Gospel (and ironically enough we now know the Gospels themselves weren't always factual).
Yes, in the interest of balance, fairness and skepticism we really need to listen to these right-wing anti-everything conservative grifters.

1715245575076.png

1715245612145.png

Who are they "accredited" by?

Members of the media attending Oireachtas media events have to be accredited by the Press Office at Leinster house.

Anyone asking questions at press conferences has to be pre approved for access.

I find it funny that people try to poo poo Gripts editorial standards when in the last year the Irish Times has accidentally published an 'article' by ChatGPT and published a story invented by Kitty Holland about refugees attacked by men with dogs. 🙄

I think any news outlet that asks uncomfortable questions of our politicians is to be welcomed.

Gript at least make their bias obvious, the Indo are subtle about theirs, which is more insidious. It's also being claimed the the Sunday Business Post are shills for industry lobbyists, the Irish Times aren't far behind either.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼