Avram Grant Sacked!

Grant is negotiating a payout of about 5 million pounds ($9.9 million), the Sun said. He has three years remaining on his 2.4 million pounds-a-year contract, the newspaper said.

I know its from the Sun, but thats a nice lump sum......

It was only always going to be a short-term appointment until the big names were available in the summer, ..but he did very well.

Rijkaard would appear to be the man, or perhaps Hiddink. It has to be 100% Rijkaard as Hiddink is tied up with the Euro's, and it looks like Chelsea are striking early to get going with any transfers.

I'd expect him to be appointed even tomorrow.

It was only always going to be a short-term appointment until the big names were available in the summer, ..but he did very well.

Rijkaard would appear to be the man, or perhaps Hiddink. It has to be 100% Rijkaard as Hiddink is tied up with the Euro's, and it looks like Chelsea are striking early to get going with any transfers.

I'd expect him to be appointed even tomorrow.

Indeed, I was surprised. I slagged him in the past, but over the last 6 weeks they've done their stuff- seen off Liverpool, pushed United all the way for the title, and acquitted themselves well in the CL final.

If (as it looks now) they had no intention of giving him beyond this season, why sign him up on a 3 year deal?

And will he be moving upstairs?

Can't wait to read the Mourinho interview in full it tomorrow's observer.

Last edited:
Fuckin joke of a club. "Win me everything straight away or else I'll fire your your ass".
Still what d'you expect from a man who turned his back on his own family and went off with a model.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

115 Jazz Jam Sessions

115 Café And Wine Bar, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼