A valid reason for bringing back the death penalty?

The death penalty would be good in this case but I'd prefer to leave them wroth (sp?) in solitary confinement for about 30 years then I'd give them an excrusiatingly painful death, the injuries inflicted on that child would hurt one of us imagine how it felt for the poor kid, I'd give them a death on par with the one they gave that child and wouldn't think twice

from a british blog - in the comments:

When I look at my 3 1/2 year old and 11 month old, happpy, smiley excited at the world with nothing nasty ever having happened to them whatsoever, and then I read this story it made me weep - and I am not ashamed to admit it.

Who said that the UK is not broken - this is an appalling case that should mean firing all the Hackney social workers and social services management and the medical personnel who acquiesced in allowing or turning a blind eye to it.

I oppose the death penalty, but some cases like this, hanging is too good for them. Hopefully some public spirited fellow con will do the honourable thing.

and when it is airbrushed out , one's natural reaction is "why?"

5c0344ac.jpg

It's very easy with cases like this to let emotions overcome logic: personally I would prefer to see them rot in jail as opposed to being exterminated. If the death penalty is introduced into the legal system it will invariably result in an innocent person losing their life. It is a fundamentally flawed concept of sentencing.

but we have DNA evidence nowadays...

dont be such a dickhead. posting such cartoons reveals your woeful lack of understanding of world geopolitics.

please leave the geopolitics stuff to the big boys. you obviously dont have a fucking clue.

world geopolitics, huh? as opposed to what, local geopolitics?

come on, i'm still waiting for you to explain this 'angle'

There have been several instances where false evidence has been supplied and innocent people have been convicted. The American system is indicative of just how flawed the integration of the death penalty is.

I would be delighted if these two specific people were hung: but you can't cherry pick with the death penalty system. Overall I would rather these fuckers spent their lives rotting away, as opposed to the death penalty being reintroduced and the mere possibility of innocent people being wrongly convicted.

I always make an excellent case.

never thought i'd type this but,you are right.

There have been several instances where false evidence has been supplied and innocent people have been convicted. The American system is indicative of just how flawed the integration of the death penalty is.

I would be delighted if these two specific people were hung: but you can't cherry pick with the death penalty system. Overall I would rather these fuckers spent their lives rotting away, as opposed to the death penalty being reintroduced and the mere possibility of innocent people being wrongly convicted.

I always make an excellent case.

Excellent, apart from the fact that it was three people not two

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

22nd May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Song Of Granite (G) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8:05pm

More events ▼