2019 Junior football championship

Definitely the outside bet if you were to pick a club that could possibly come from nowhere to do a Dromtarriffe on it. Another outside shout is Caheragh. I don’t think they have anyone with Cork now which will help them. They had a good run last year with a young side and suspensions/injury caught them against Delanys.

It’ll be the usual contenders of Boherbue, Kilmacabea, Canovee, Iveleary and Kilmurry then. Kilmurry are now backboned by a very strong U21 side and after a shorter year than usual last year they could be ones to beat.

Always entertaining games in this grade but the standard has dropped a bit in recent years similar to the hurling.

Killshannig? Were they not bate by Mitchelstown second team last year in the early rounds?

Kilmurry were well backboned by that under 21 team last year and were also knocked out in the early rounds .

It’s a big jump from marking someone your own age and similar in stature to you rather than marking a thirty something year old grown man takes a bit of time to get used to that so be another while before either of these two teams get there if there going to be playing all under 21s

Mid Cork could be interesting this year.

Kilmurry should be clear favourites and have had a serious u21 team the last number of years. Have some serious operators in Joe Ryan, the twins full back and full forward warrens. Have the squad.

Iveleary would be number 2. Have serious quality players 1 to 15 but lacking a squad and natural mid fielders. Have serious players like Cathal Vaughan Chris On Jones and Brian Cronin. Have been on the road a long time I feel if they don't win the county this year it may be gone beyond them. Make or break year.

Canovee. With Cloghduv now up intermediate like Kilmurry could they loose a few. Did very well last year but poor in the county. Have the most success in muskerry and the last team to win the county. Would be my number 3.

4. Ballincollig. Really is dependant on their seniors a club the size of ballincollig should really have a second team capable of playing intermediate have made strides over the past 2 years with their second team. The likes of Stephen Donoghue and Colin Weste big players for them.

Outside Bets Inscarra if get beaten in hurling early which I feel they will could take a few scalps Sean donoghue dan o connell their leading light. Aghinagh a lot of quality underage really like Twohig has great potential a year too early though. Kilmichael have been brutal the past 2 years were normally a semi final team and hard to beat in a final but last year were horrendous in the game I Seen. Rumours they have Dermot Riordan and Shane Prendiville back involved this year with the team and players like Peter Kelleher Cathal Foley Shane Masters and Conor Cotter should improve but a lot of work to do, Doghnomore won a county minor c last year but dont seem to have much interest. Really a 4 horse race in my opinion.

Buttevant & Kilshannig don’t really have “it”. A lot of second teams in the north cork c/ship and they still didn’t win . Buttevant were hammered in county last yr.

Buttevant blow hot and cold. Kilshannig have a bit more steel in them.

Buttevant seem to have great difficulty bringing through underage talent , Kilshannig are more reliable in this regard but steel??? bottled it last year against Fermoy's second team. It's Charleville again for me , loads of fast fit well conditioned ( Senior hurling ) players who can play a bit and now who are for the first time showing plenty of interest in the big ball.

Buttevant seem to have great difficulty bringing through underage talent , Kilshannig are more reliable in this regard but steel??? bottled it last year against Fermoy's second team. It's Charleville again for me , loads of fast fit well conditioned ( Senior hurling ) players who can play a bit and now who are for the first time showing plenty of interest in the big ball.

Charleville will find a big difference up senior Hurling. A lot of people in the club are Hurling only. Kanturk got a lesson in trying to keep both codes going. Buttevant have put through lots of good juvenile players over the years but never get the rewards at Adult level. There seems to be always some split and hassle going on in the club. Some very good people the club now hope it comes good for them.

Unless Caheragh have resolved their disclpline issues I dont see them as a threat in the county. They will push Kilmac all the way in Carbery though. Some good young talent coming into the Kilmac side this year Ive heard, will freshen up there selection options.

Just seen that Iveleary v Kilmurry in Muskerry 1st round, now that'll be a cracker of a game

Unless Caheragh have resolved their disclpline issues I dont see them as a threat in the county. They will push Kilmac all the way in Carbery though. Some good young talent coming into the Kilmac side this year Ive heard, will freshen up there selection options.

Just seen that Iveleary v Kilmurry in Muskerry 1st round, now that'll be a cracker of a game

Anyone think Kilmacabea might struggle they’ve been on a long run the past two years hard to keep it going semi final of the county two years ago county finalist last year maybe county winners this year but very hard to keep that up every year! Teams will be gunning for them this year in Carbery, they are the best footballing team in that division tho!

Iveleary kilmurry will be a great game there will be no holding back as they will know they have a second chance in the back door so hopefully be a great footballing spectacle!

Donaghmore vs Inniscarra also will be a great game both sides well capable of making a run at the championship if they put the interest and effort in both teams have some very good players

Carbery Draw:
Prelim: Kilmeen v St Oliver Plunkett's (A)

Round 1:
1. Ilen Rovers v Bandon
2. Clan na Gael v Clonakilty
3. Losers (A) v St James
4. Ballinascarthy v St Marys
5. Kilmacabea v O'Donovan Rossa
6. Kilbrittain v Barryroe
7. Muintir Bhaire v Tadhg McCarthaigh
8. Castlehaven v St Colums
9. Dohenys v Argideen Rangers
10. Carbery Rangers v Diarmuid O Mathuna

Round 2: