Search results

1. K

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Sorry, just to clarify - are you saying the fringes if Cork underage panels are or are not filled with lads who aren't good enough but who are not willing to give up? Also, you mention the Celtic Challenge - I think that's a great tournament but are there many examples (from any county) of...
  2. K

Cork Footballers

Definitely. No idea why so many people seemed to be assuming that Cork would beat them in their own patch. For me it's a fifty-fifty game at best. At least Cork's performances in the latter stages of the league and in Killarney offer hope that the team is getting sone some degree of confidence...
  3. K

Cork Footballers

Spot on about Dublin. The GAA has two imperatives which are pulling against each other: to get as many people as possible playing the games to a decent level, and to have genuinely competitive intercounty championships. When some counties have vastly larger populations than others, pursuing the...
  4. K

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

The manager who you said was a sub for his club team.
  5. K

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

What do you make of that manager's coaching career prior to his getting his current position? Edit: do you reckon he should have been appointed to his current role?
  6. K

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

I had looked at the context. You had posted (my paraphrase) about coaches at minor and U20 who had v little success coaching and in some cases hadn't played to a good level. Then in response to HighwayAngryMan's reply to that post, you made your comment about an intercounty manager being a sub...
  7. K

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

I think this is a v sensible post (and unlike RnB, I agree with you on point 5). But your post that began this exchange was about a specific manager - you didn't name him but you said he was a sub at his club. Maybe you reckon this implies something about the process by which he was appointed...
  8. K

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

You threw up a comment about someone (a public figure, not an anonymous poster on here) and you don't want to name them. Fine, your call. Fwiw, I can make an educated guess as to who you were talking about, I was wondering whether or not my guess was correct.
  9. K

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

Why? This fellow's identity is apparently common knowledge, my own name and details are not.
  10. K

PROC Hurling Championship 2024 “Name the Winners” Competition

Waterford, Wexford. Going all in on the boys from the sunny south-east.
  11. K

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

Fair enough - in that case you'll have no problem naming him here.
  12. K

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

Which manager is this?
  13. K

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

Thanks Jimmy. I have a few thoughts about this but it might be better to start a separate thread on it.
  14. K

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

What are the better development models? I asked you before whether your criteria of success for a good underage system is. If it's not winning underage titles, then what is it, and which counties are implementing successful systems? Limerick have dominated recently in terms of senior titles...
  15. K

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

I agree that it's worth bearing in mind that Cork's underage teams are in general far better than a decade ago (particularly for those posters who are inclined to write Rebel Og off as a disaster zone). But I also think tonight's performance is worrying in some specific respects which go beyond...
  16. K

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

17. K

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

In fairness to Ben, his record as coach/manager would stand up against most candidates in Cork at least. And I think last year's team were a bit more direct, the big difference being that they had Cunningham and, in early games at least, Colin Walsh alongside Healy as target men. So while a...
  18. K

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

You're right that Cork can't finish top, so will be in a SF. One small correction though: if Clare win their last two games they will finish level on six points with Cork and Tipp, with points difference deciding the placings between those three teams. Tipp's points difference is currently 31...
  19. K

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

A few of us had been warning here that this team was vulnerable despite winning the first three matches, but this was worse than I had feared. The whole defence was shredded - the inside line couldn't get tight enough, but part of the problem was runners coming through from deep, as for the...
  20. K

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

A few shots taken at Lohan here - I don't get it. He's improved Clare year on year, and by and large has done a very good job of building a settled team while also integrating younger players. They've just beaten Cork in the championship for the third year in a row, and they were the better team...