Search results

1. P

Cork Footballers

Clare deservedly beat us in championship last year, and have us at their home again for what is for them (and probably for us) a knockout game. We're up against it, and it'll take a great performance, and perhaps a bit of luck, to come out of there this year with a result.
  2. P

Cork Footballers

I completely agree that the compression of the season (or at least the way it has been compressed) is a mistake, for a number of reasons.
  3. P

Cork Footballers

It's not mad. You might have a better idea, but to call it "mad" is inaccurate when there has been clear logical thought put into it. With the current arrangement, there's a reward for every position in the group: 1st gets a quarter final against a team which is mentally and physically...
  4. P

Cork Footballers

One game at a time in the group. All of those games a massive challenge, but we want to win the group, and damn sure that'll be the plan.
  5. P

Cork Footballers

It's a balls for us being seed 4 - but that's where we are based on results. If I were any of the other counties though, I'd prefer to have one of the other seed 4s in my group.
  6. P

Cork Footballers

Not being willing (or perhaps able, for various reasons) to give the required commitment at any stage is an entirely reasonable decision for an individual, and should be respected. Of course not being prepared to give the required commitment rules somebody out at that time (and BTW I have no...
  7. P

Cork Footballers

His suggestion is a good one. In the meantime, he of course calculates the percentages and does what he considers makes his team most likely to win - i.e. those antics. Yeah, you are right about The Sunday Game - if Cork had been winning and did the same thing (which I hope we would, given...
  8. P

Cork Footballers

Correct
  9. P

Cork Footballers

I went wildly off topic for the thread. What you're here for is the right stuff.
  10. P

Cork Footballers

Yeah, got carried away. Sorry bout that!
  11. P

Cork Footballers

Sometimes I do get over-carried-away with a self-assessed wisdom of my own opinion....! Anyway, it's rule 5.41 football. See https://www.gaa.ie/api/images/image/private/t_q-best/prd/snhrjdgiuudoyr3wxyol.pdf.
  12. P

Cork Footballers

Well it isn't difficult to speculate what might be the reason in the case of the rule I mentioned. It may have been felt that the rule was needed most at intercounty-level where the cynical accidentally-on-purpose or openly-on-purpose stuff is at its greatest, and certainly is most visible and...
  13. P

Cork Footballers

The location of the infraction has to be (a) Inside the 20-metre line, but not within 25 metres infield of each sideline or (b) Within the semi-circular Arc The player in possession does not have to be located there. If an attacking player is deliberately collided with in those...
  14. P

Cork Footballers

More generally: Cork take last years AI finalists (who barely lost) and the prior-year's AI winners, on in their home patch, led for most of the match, and could have won. And in RTE it must have been that Kerry were bad/rusty/off-form/in-training-block/etc. - it could not have been 'cos Kerry...
  15. P

Cork Footballers

Excellent article.
  16. P

Cork Footballers

Thanks to the Cork footballers and management yesterday, and to the supporters, and the weather. Courage, came to win, tried hardest. And plenty evidence there's more in us.
  17. P

Cork Footballers

The covered stand in Killarney is on sale again. Adults and juveniles (only €5 for Juveniles). Now, there's no rain forecast, so people might not be so interested in the stand anyway. Can be handy for children tho.
  18. P

Cork Footballers

That's the very reason to go (for me) - the best days I've had have been the wins when a win was least expected. Apart from that, the reasons I go are: Show the players and management that they have support. Show the ref and other match officials that the team has support, support which is...
  19. P

Cork Footballers

If RTE pundits had their way, we'd just have a playoff between Kerry and Derry to see who'd meet Dublin in the AI final. With all matches in Croke Park. But for the rest of the counties, the provincial championships gives a chance of knockout football in an intercounty championship competition...
  20. P

Cork Footballers

They were withdrawn from sale not too many minutes after going on sale. I got 3 of them (including two juveniles). Minutes later, somebody else on here could only get one of them. And then none. The stand in Killarney is small, and there are two matches on - I wonder did stand tickets not...