Dubai, why the fuck holiday in such a shit hole?

Have to say place has never appealed to me as a destination. 8 hour flight to wander around what is essentially an enormous, overpriced shopping mall. Back in the day, you could apparently pick up gold and jewellery for fraction of price you'd pay here but local merchants have copped on to that and now charge western prices or flog off the sub standard stuff to tourists. Hotels are nice apparently!
To be fair I thought the same until the mrs persuaded me to go there last year and I enjoyed it. Hotel was class and had an amazing private beach and a few lovely pools. Did a day in the city, a day in the desert and 3 days lazing on the beach and by the pool. Amazing food wherever we went. Helped that herself is arab and has been there a load of times but id certainly go back or do a stopever there. Expensive though!!

To be fair I thought the same until the mrs persuaded me to go there last year and I enjoyed it. Hotel was class and had an amazing private beach and a few lovely pools. Did a day in the city, a day in the desert and 3 days lazing on the beach and by the pool. Amazing food wherever we went. Helped that herself is arab and has been there a load of times but id certainly go back or do a stopever there. Expensive though!!
There is a grand waterpark in Jumeriah, the wild sumthing or other. They have a lazy river that you can float around on a tube for the day, the job.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pretty Woman The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

28th Jun 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Danny Dineen

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼