Recent content by Vladimir The Bear

1. V

The Hurling Thread

Jesus lads there needs to be a proper discussion above in Croke Park about the absolutely disgraceful standard of James Owens refereeing. He's deciding championship games, making it up as he goes along what rules and when he wants to implement them.
  2. V

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Can count ourselves very very very lucky to be still in championship tonight. When there's a chance there's hope. Massive week ahead of Pat Ryan. Patience wearing thin with Ryan and his management team amongst most Cork supporters and the best team in hurling history coming to the Pairc and we...
  3. V

PROC Hurling Championship 2024 “Name the Winners” Competition

Waterford Galway Dublin Kilkenny Limerick Thanks R&B
  4. V

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I'm very disappointed with Pat Ryan as well currently but I do think for the most part he has instilled hard work, physicality and aggression. Given that we have 2 red cards a black card and 15 yellow cards accumulated over the last 140 minutes of hurling it could be argued he's instilled too...
  5. V

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

How about this for another fact. So far this decade the only Munster team Kilkenny have beaten in championship is Clare. 2020 beaten by Waterford 2021 beaten by Cork 2022 beat Clare beaten by Limerick 2023 beat Clare beaten by Limerick. WUM here all you want but if some of you Kilkenny boys...
  6. V

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

That's the crux of it for me really. I have to say I think the players are all dieing with there boots on and keep going to the end. However I just cannot understand how management still seem to have no idea of their best 15. 13 if not 14 of that team should be nailed down by the last league...
  7. V

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Fair play. Nothing said there that I would disagree with. Where if anywhere would you play Mark Coleman? And what's your take on Pa Collins in goal?
  8. V

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I never said Cunningham was the saviour. Nor do I think we have a better hand currently then what we had v Clare. I'm saying the championship is as good as done for us now and maybe we should start our rebuild sooner rather then later. You're correct that the teams put out in both championship...
  9. V

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I wouldn't be advocating for them to be brought on v Limerick. I'd like to see them on the matchday panel for that that game with possibly a view to giving maybe Cunningham a 10 or 15 minute run v Tipp the following week. Tipp game will most likely be a dead rubber so possibly a chance to...
  10. V

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Did not know that 👍
  11. V

Memorable hurling matches

1999 Munster hurling final. 7 years without a Munster title was a famine. 54k rammed into Thurles. The town end as usual a sea of red and white. Before throw in a huge Esat Digifone flag is passing along the terrace over our heads. It's stifling hot underneath it. Smell of cider, used flares...
  12. V

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Haven't posted since before the Waterford game, and haven't managed to read a whole pile of messages over the last few days. Like all Cork hurling supporters here I'm bitterly bitterly disappointed by the events of the last 11 days. I genuinely genuinely thought at this stage we'd have 4...
  13. V

PROC Hurling Championship 2024 “Name the Winners” Competition

Wexford Dublin Clare Limerick Galway Thanks R&B
  14. V

Cork Minor Hurling 2024

I hope he does. Dowling is a smug smartass and so far his tenure in management has been p!ss poor. Interestingly after 2 rounds of the underage Munster championships Limerick are yet to win a game. Indeed the famed Limerick academy that Anthony Daly likes to rave about hasn't won an underage All...
  15. V

The Hurling Thread

That's a weak enough bench in my opinion. If I was a Limerick fan I'd also have serious reservations about David Reidy starting let alone starting center forward. In saying that the rest of the team is exceptionally strong as expected.