Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Babe had his cut off Cork during the final. He was co commentator with UTV. Commenting on Ger Cunninghams save/injury and no 65 to Galway Babs said something like: round our country they say Cork are never beaten when playing with that ref. 😂😂
At that stage Babs was a sorry boy for his 'Donkeys' quip which backfired badly. Hypothetical to think a 65 would have given Galway victory. Bobby Ryan was far more accurate in his assessment to Michael Lyster from the 'Crows Nest', the better style of hurling won the day like it did in '86 and do you know what Babs had to say about referree John Bailey from Dublin when Cork defeated Galway that year. Interestingly the ref in 1990 was John Moore from Waterford.

Dalton(if fit), Robbie and Tim all must start next Sunday. If management can’t see that then they’re the ones under threat. Lehane and Hoggy got 1 point from play last Sunday between them and had about 7 wides. Stats don’t lie . It’s time for change- not sentimentality.
I think Robbie will start corner forward with JOC to come on! Clare full back line is strong and we’ll have our work cut out. Connolly will be targeted but I think Hayes for example, can step up!

I don’t see more than 2 personnel changes to the team named one back and one forward. With this format you’re not going to see wholesale changes. I’d say Eoin Downey might get in but in fairness he was caught out for a handy point last weekend too. They might move Cahalane out and either his brother or O’Connell might miss out with Coleman going to centre field.

Forwards wise depending on fitness Kingston or Dalton could come in for one of the older lads. If there’s a third change it could be Sean Twomey dropping out for whichever of the above doesn’t make it.

If lads are expecting 5 or 6 changes I’d say they’ll be disappointed. We did score 1-25.

I get that we can't start with the same three old-timers in the forwards as they lack pace but neither should we start with Kingston imho. We've seen that show far too often. Kingston on from the start and he's ineffective, Kingston introduced in the second half and he has a great game.

Would only give Hoggie a half, tell him to chase each and every single thing and leave it all on the pitch as he's only playing a half, and hopefully Dalton is back and he'd be taking ALL placed balls beyond the 50, no exceptions.

I'd start TOM and Coleman in midfield and bring Downey in at wingback.

I get that we can't start with the same three old-timers in the forwards as they lack pace but neither should we start with Kingston imho. We've seen that show far too often. Kingston on from the start and he's ineffective, Kingston introduced in the second half and he has a great game.

Would only give Hoggie a half, tell him to chase each and every single thing and leave it all on the pitch as he's only playing a half, and hopefully Dalton is back and he'd be taking ALL placed balls beyond the 50, no exceptions.

I'd start TOM and Coleman in midfield and bring Downey in at wingback.
TOM and Coleman are a lot of people’s choice for midfield partnership. Why can’t Ryan see this? TOC is a game performer but TOM offers more….

I agree totally with TOT and i am too a big fan of ROF , JOC for me in the corner but roaming around. IF the footballer plays it has to be in the corner with hoggie loosing out..

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

29th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼