Cyclists

How so, prey tell please ?

I mean they are as such segregated from road traffic in these cycle lanes.
Very often, they put you back out into traffic in dangerous locations or it's an absolute pain in the arse to use versus simply staying on the road in traffic

There's loads of examples highlighted in this thread alone.

🤔
A huge amount of money wasted on pain in the arse cyclists then!😏
Quite, do it properly or don't do it at all.

Painting bike symbols on the road all the way down college road is an absolute waste of time and money, does nothing for cyclists.

Rossa Avenue has a bunch of examples of it done badly, especially on the curraheen road end, e.g. this nonsense

Screenshot_2024-03-23-22-49-03-37_3d9111e2d3171bf4882369f490c087b4.jpg

Last edited:
That is frequently not true

Quite, do it properly or don't do it at all.

Painting bike symbols on the road all the way down college road is an absolute waste of time and money, does nothing for cyclists.

Rossa Avenue has a bunch of examples of it done badly, especially on the curraheen road end, e.g. this nonsense

View attachment 31144
So, you'd refuse to use it because it ends and you're incapable of merging back into traffic safely?
:lol!:

So, you'd refuse to use it because it ends and you're incapable of merging back into traffic safely?
:lol!:
If you look, the arrows are actually sending you onto the footpath which isn't a cycle path and ends about 30 metres up the road.

At the top of that road, turning right from the cycle lane onto the curraheen road is significantly more dangerous than taking the cycle path.

There's more, and honestly , I don't think the paint is even needed with traffic levels on that road.

Also, the unprotected contra flow isn't great.

If you look, the arrows are actually sending you onto the footpath which isn't a cycle path and ends about 30 metres up the road.

At the top of that road, turning right from the cycle lane onto the curraheen road is significantly more dangerous than taking the cycle path.

There's more, and honestly , I don't think the paint is even needed with traffic levels on that road.

Also, the unprotected contra flow isn't great.
wont-somebody-please-think-of-the-children-think-of-the-children.gif

Or that if your cycling infrastructure is that badly done, it's a complete waste of money and you might as well have not bothered. I'd say the contraflow at the top end of that road is the sole useful bit, but then it turns slightly dodgy.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Funny Fridays Special
City Limits, Coburg St.

7th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼