Wimbledon 2023

Can't wait for Sunday m8s. Who will win out?

The older fitter Djockovic must have the edge on stamina being 36 and playing top class tennis for 15 years. No way the younger man can hope to keep up with those old durable fit as fuck legs imho.
You re like a broken record at this stage. We get it, you have suspicions that all is not as it seems.

Maybe, and theres no hard evidence to suggest othewise, Novak has an incredible S&C set up, that have allowed him to dominate the game.

What age was Foreman, when he last became boxing World Champ, beating lads half his age?

What about Tony Brown for the Deise?

What about our own Dinny Allen?

Plenty more besides.

FWIW, I think the young upstart will take Nole on Sunday and dominate the game for the next 5 years at least.

The big 3 lorded the game for the last 13 years. Personally, I dont believe the challengers were good enough to beat Nadal, Fed and Nole. In fairness to Murray he did well to claim 3 GSs, with those GOATS knocking about.

You re like a broken record at this stage. We get it, you have suspicions that all is not as it seems.

Maybe, and theres no hard evidence to suggest othewise, Novak has an incredible S&C set up, that have allowed him to dominate the game.

What age was Foreman, when he last became boxing World Champ, beating lads half his age?

Plenty more besides.

FWIW, I think the young upstart will take Nole on Sunday and dominate the game for the next 5 years at least.

The big 3 lorded the game for the last 13 years. Personally, I dont believe the challengers were good enough to beat Nadal, Fed and Nole. In fairness to Murray he did well to claim 3 GSs, with those GOATS knocking about.

:lol!:

Can't wait for Sunday m8s. Who will win out?

The older fitter Djockovic must have the edge on stamina being 36 and playing top class tennis for 15 years. No way the younger man can hope to keep up with those old durable fit as fuck legs imho.

Alcarez cant hope to live with Djoka in a fourth or fifth set.

The Spaniard has to hope to try and punch his lights out early.

That's the understatement of the century fella. All is not what it sems? A 36 year old dominating one of the toughest individual sports in the world.
Yeah sure. What is this incredible set up that allows him to defy the laws of time? I'm listening, genuinely.
Yeah, go back and look at the list of fellas Foreman beat. Other than Michael Moorer, it's like a who's who of nobodies. HEre's the Wiki of how he won this fight

In his first defense of those belts, on November 5, 1994, Moorer faced 45-year-old George Foreman, who lost his last fight for the vacant WBO heavyweight title to Tommy Morrison. For nine rounds, Moorer easily outboxed him, hitting and moving away, while Foreman moving forward, seemingly unable to "pull the trigger" on his punches. Moorer was ahead on all three judges' scorecards entering the 10th round, when Foreman hit him with a number of long-range jabs. Then, suddenly, a short right hand caught Moorer square on his chin, gashing open his bottom lip, and he collapsed to the canvas. Moorer was knocked out and lost the world championship. He also lost his undefeated record. Foreman, at age 45, became the oldest fighter ever to win the world heavyweight title.

The proverbial lucky punch when he was getting his ears boxed off him, as he did when fought Holyfield, himself an all time great, but a man I believe the Pre Ali Foreman would have knocked unconscious.

Team sports are very different. Argentina won the WC last year with a very simple game plan. The other 9 outfield players worked like dogs to get the ball to Messi and let him produce his magic. Why didn't Messi work just as hard as them? Because he's in his mid 30s and he wouldn't have the energy to work like them AND produce his magic.

You know, the old hand of Father Time doing his thing.

Plenty more besides.

Not having that at all. It would be one thing if the older lads were hanging around competing, getting to the odd final here or there. But dominating? Do me a favour.

Go back and look at all the greats of the past and if you check their later year records there might be the odd run to a final here or there, but what you'll mostly see is them losing to guys they would have wiped the court with in their prime.

And I'll ask again. In 2012 a mid 20s Djockovic wilted in the US Open final. It was understandable, having played two weeks of a gruelling competition is the August New York heat. How is the same fella now on the verge of winning his tenth post 31 years old Slam?

Novak turned pro at 16 years of age. At 6 years of age, he was recognized as a special talent and sent to a tennis camp, where the coach there proclaimed him as the greatest player (for his age) he had ever seen.

At 14 years of age he won the European championship.

He won his first pro ATP title at 19, also entering the top 20 at the same age.

At 20 he reached a Wimbledon semi final and a US Open final. Also broke into the top 3 of the world rankings, Fed and Nadal the other two ahead of him.

In 2008, at 21 years of age he became the youngest player to reach the 4 GS semi finals in the one year, winning the Australian beating Fed in the S/F. This marked the first time since the 2005 Australian Open that a Grand Slam singles title was not won by Federer or Nadal.

Since then Novak has gone on to become the GOAT of all time.

A young talent that has created his own legacy and must now be seen as the GOAT.

He was tested for doping 21 times alone in 2021, without any positive results.

You can believe what you want Nollaig, but Nole was an outstanding young talent, from an early age breaking the Nadal/Fed hegmony and now he has surpassed both their achievements.

Credit where its due, hes the GOAT.

I think his dominance will be broken by the young upstart on Sunday, who could well go on to surpass Noles records.

You can then begin your Alacaraz conspiracy stories.

Novak turned pro at 16 years of age. At 6 years of age, he was recognized as a special talent and sent to a tennis camp, where the coach there proclaimed him as the greatest player (for his age) he had ever seen.

At 20 he reached a Wimbledon semi final and a US Open final. Also broke into the top 3 of the world rankings, Fed and Nadal the other two ahead of him.

In 2008, at 21 years of age he became the youngest player to reach the 4 GS semi finals in the one year, winning the Australian beating Fed in the S/F. This marked the first time since the 2005 Australian Open that a Grand Slam singles title was not won by Federer or Nadal.

A young talent that has created his own legacy and must now be seen as the GOAT.

You can believe what you want Nollaig, but Nole was an outstanding young talent, from an early age breaking the Nadal/Fed hegmony and now he has surpassed both their achievements.

I think his dominance will be broken by the young upstart on Sunday, who could well go on to surpass Noles records.

Naive in the extreme. Nobody is claiming Djokovic hadn’t any talent but please. Sure he won the least rated major at the age of twenty one but it took another three years to add another. What did he figure out in the meantime?

His rushing to the defence of the banned Halep and Sharapova on human rights grounds and that it could happen to anyone is interesting to say the least. Claiming it could happen to anyone sounds a bit like finding a future excuse for himself. His refusal to interact with Covid vaccine regulations (again claiming human rights issues) just at a time when studies were showing abnormalities in the cocktail between taking the Covid vaccine and performance enhancing drugs might also raise a few eyebrows.

But the tennis authorities never raised theirs and have devalued their sport as a result. Nobody believes anymore.

Yes, I'm sorry.

There's nothing extraordinary about a 36 year old man dominating tennis. All one has to do is look at the history books and see...............er............em...........

Help me out here pal.

As for beating doping tests, well, let me just say.

:lol!::lol!::lol!:

You cannot be fucking serious.

YJPARMSTRONG1-superJumbo.jpg

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cork Pride: Party At The Port
Kennedy Quay, Cork City

4th Aug 2024 @ 3:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼