Tomás MacCurtain

SoundMan

Today is the 102nd anniversary of his killing by RIC men from what was then King Street (today MacCurtain Street) RIC Barracks, in his pyjamas in front of his wife and children in his home in Blackpool, on his 36th birthday.

I posted this as a new thread because with the absolutely sh*t search function on the latest iteration of the PROC I couldn't find a former one from the last couple of years.

As for the reaction of some of the usual suspects here to even a thread commemorating a former Lord Mayor of this city, one whose bust is prominently displayed at Cork City Hall, and someone who was killed for his beliefs in Irish Freedom while I'm not overly surprised I am disappointed.

I posted this as a new thread because with the absolutely sh*t search function on the latest iteration of the PROC I couldn't find a former one from the last couple of years.

As for the reaction of some of the usual suspects here to even a thread commemorating a former Lord Mayor of this city, one whose bust is prominently displayed at Cork City Hall, and someone who was killed for his beliefs in Irish Freedom while I'm not overly surprised I am disappointed.
Not to mention those whom can't spell properly.

Yet I found the other thread in under a minute.

Funny that.
It's almost like you didn't bother searching.
:lol!:

200w.gif

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Murry
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

17th Nov 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Brewhouse Jazz

Franciscan Well Brew Pub, Tomorrow @ 6:30pm

More events ▼