Rumsfeld would let Iraqis stop the civil war themselves

ubernerd said:
I've only ever seen one person on this board who could be construed as "pro-bush", and only one or two who were pro the Iraq War.

Everyone else agrees the current admin in the US are making a global fuck up that has the potential to affect all of our lives in a serious way.

Someone pointing out blatant xenophobia and anti-american rants does not make them a Bush supporter. Someone wishing for a serious escalation involving other countries such as Iran just to fuck up America is contradicting themselves in many ways because as well as wishing "harm and pain" on the US you are also wishing harm and pain on the people who are worst off in this situation - those in the conflict zone. Just pointing this out, too, does not imply they are Bush supporter.

Was the antiwar sentiment, shared almost universally on this board, not supposed to be about pointing out the awful fate these people are facing, and pointing out that this has the potential to damage the security of the entire planet ?

Why then, can someone please tell me, does the fact that potential escalations may happen prompt such glee from certain people on here (very few mind) who are supposed to be demonstrating that they care about people where the US admin does not ?

Is it because these people care more about their "na na na na na" "told you so" arguments* and US bashing than they do about the arguments against the war and against the shockingly naive foreign policy of the neo cons in Washington and elsewhere.

Grow the fuck up. With allies like you on the anti war side, who needs needs neo conservatives and corporate pimps ?

*the "na na na na na" argument: a classic example of this can be found in Eoghan Harris' column of a Sunday. He loves to point out his self-perceived foresight retrospectively.

Would you ever feck off with your well constructed constructive discourse. You make the rest of us look bad.

ubernerd said:
I've only ever seen one person on this board who could be construed as "pro-bush", and only one or two who were pro the Iraq War.

Only one person pro-Bush?

I count at least 7 - Shamalive, ODLL, Gobadan, goosed, Naff, NY twit boy and pudgee.

Murdock said:
Only one person pro-Bush?

I count at least 7 - Shamalive, ODLL, Gobadan, goosed, Naff, NY twit boy and pudgee.

Murdock, you're under the assumption that just because someone isn't consumed by Liam's embarassing hatred of Bush then they must be pro-Bush.

You're wrong.

The opposite of anti-war isn't pro-Bush.
It's pro-war.

There's a difference.

D'oriel said:
Murdock, you're under the assumption that just because someone isn't consumed by Liam's embarassing hatred of Bush then they must be pro-Bush.

You're wrong.

The opposite of anti-war isn't pro-Bush.
It's pro-war.

There's a difference.

D'oriel, you're under the assumption that I was being completely serious and not trying to wind up said journo.

It appears he's not the only one to be baited by my cunning.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cormac Ó Caoimh
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

12th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Gerald Ahern

Cantys, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼