Official Ireland World Cup 2022 Qualifiers Thread

There is definitely a huge improvement in the team now both in style of play and results. It’s fine to say his overall results have been poor, which they have, but he had to take a big hit at the start of this campaign in order to get to where we are now which is clearly a much better place than at the start of the campaign.

We are still no world beaters but we are competing much better, in a much more watchable manner at that. He completely deserves another campaign to continue his work and should run it a lot closer I would imagine.

Improvement is relative. Still can scarcely string meaningful series of passes together, very short of any inspiration up front, far too reliant on set-pieces and Duffy's distribution is combine harvester-level. Just a better style of mediocrity.

Improvement is relative. Still can scarcely string meaningful series of passes together, very short of any inspiration up front, far too reliant on set-pieces and Duffy's distribution is combine harvester-level. Just a better style of mediocrity.
What’s your alternative?

We drew tonight. Wasn’t great but certainly wasn’t bad. A merited draw against a top tier side. We have certainly seen a lot worse.

He deserves to continue his obvious progression. It’s not even a question in my mind.

There is definitely a huge improvement in the team now both in style of play and results. It’s fine to say his overall results have been poor, which they have, but he had to take a big hit at the start of this campaign in order to get to where we are now which is clearly a much better place than at the start of the campaign.

We are still no world beaters but we are competing much better, in a much more watchable manner at that. He completely deserves another campaign to continue his work and should run it a lot closer I would imagine.
Shabby he was won 3 games lost 9 drawn 7 .
I like SK but progress and playing nice please stop.
3 wins in 19 games is nothing. If the FAI were not broke he’d be well gone never mind a new contract.
Let’s call a spade and all that

Shabby he was won 3 games lost 9 drawn 7 .
I like SK but progress and playing nice please stop.
3 wins in 19 games is nothing. If the FAI were not broke he’d be well gone never mind a new contract.
Let’s call a spade and all that
Just out of interest, who would you bring in instead of him?

Just out of interest, who would you bring in instead of him?
Danny if the money was available I would appoint Wenger as Director of Football and manager for the next campaign.
We do have talent coming through in bits and Wenger is great with working with young talent. I will be laughed at for it but I will guarantee someone like Wenger would get more out of the talent we have ( average we say) than celebrating mediocre results like we have had.
Take Robinson’s goals out which was 5 against poor opponents and what do we have.
Something has to change within the culture of football in this country and I would pay someone to change the whole concept.
Rudd just left the FAI after a good few years and I haven’t a clue what he done.
Look Kenny would not even get a league one job based off his results with Ireland and we are saying progress.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Rob Lamberti - A Celebration of George Michael
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Sarah Lou

Arty's Bar, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼