Fermoy, what a shithole.

Clon is one of the prettiest tourist destinations in Ireland. No real comparison.

Fermoy is no worse than many other towns in Cork and better than a few from what I've seen.

Mallow
Cobh
Youghal
Mitchelstown
Skib
Dunmanway
Bantry
Charleville
Macroom

There's a few places there that make Fermoy look like Dubai, and few that are similar. Fermoy is pretty much an average Irish town.

Of the above: Mallow, Charleville, Dunmanway and Fermoy are ugly towns with little to recommend them. All would need serious work to bring up to scratch. Mallow is the worst looking of the bunch, a downtown like a half abandoned Pripyat.

Youghal has great potential but the inhabitants don't give a shite.

Skibb and Bantry would also be nice with some tweaks.

Cobh is actually quite pretty.

Of the above: Mallow, Charleville, Dunmanway and Fermoy are ugly towns with little to recommend them. All would need serious work to bring up to scratch. Mallow is the worst looking of the bunch, a downtown like a half abandoned Pripyat.

Youghal has great potential but the inhabitants don't give a shite.

Skibb and Bantry would also be nice with some tweaks.

Cobh is actually quite Towns
Towns that are overly twee like Kinsale piss me off. They’re manicured for rich tourists.

Towns that are overly twee like Kinsale piss me off. They’re manicured for rich tourists.

I'd take that over rat infested derelict buildings any day. They do not attract anyone to spend time and money there, rich or otherwise.
Towns like Mallow are content to wallow in their own excrement. Who would guess many years ago it was on the tourist map because of the mineral waters? I also think that renaming Mallow Racecourse was a poor decision. Letting the sugar factory close without a fight another fuck up but on a monumental scale.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Primetime Comedy Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

10th Aug 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Zion Train

The Pav, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼