Far-Right Protests in Fermoy

All charities say who they are collecting for and it is up to an individual to decide whether they want to contribute to said charity.

In school we collected for concern (Africa) the travellers, the guide dog association amongst others and people saw what it said on the tin and then decided whether to donate or not. If he wants an Irish only charity let him set one up and I'm sure people will donate.

What that guy did with regard to the Ukrainian charity would be akin to me going to the guide dog association and demanding a guide dog (even though I'm not blind) who wouldn't want to be able to walk around town with their eyes shut knowing the dog will take care of them with regards to crossing the road etc and then shouting discrimination when they tell me to bugger off. If my opinion is I have been discriminated against then it is safe to say I am a dope and if some others agree with me then they also are dopes.

Derek Blighe by his actions is a dope, plain and simple, and anyone who agrees with him also falls into that bracket.

As I said if he wants an Irish only charity let him set one up, and stop harassing other charities while he is at it.
I never said I supported his actions yesterday. I think he was wrong.

I do think he directs his annoyance at the wrong people. He should be targetting the government and not some frightened people coming here for sanctuary from a war torn country.

In relation to how the government are handling this, I think he makes some good points. His other behaviour like yesterday’s incident puts those points into the bin and get quickly forgotten by most decent people though.

My responses above are the way some posters are attacked full on by a group of other posters when they have a different opinion to that group. If you aren’t 100% supportive of Ukraine, 100% against Sinn Fein/Mick Barry/Mick Wallace and the likes you get jumped on.

Different opinions are a good thing in debate. On here they’re being constantly shut diwn by a select few over and over.

I do think he directs his annoyance at the wrong people. He should be targetting the government and not some frightened people coming here for sanctuary from a war torn country.

In relation to how the government are handling this, I think he makes some good points. His other behaviour like yesterday’s incident puts those points into the bin and get quickly forgotten by most decent people though.

My responses above are the way some posters are attacked full on by a group of other posters when they have a different opinion to that group. If you aren’t 100% supportive of Ukraine, 100% against Sinn Fein/Mick Barry/Mick Wallace and the likes you get jumped on.

Different opinions are a good thing in debate. On here they’re being constantly shut diwn by a select few over and over.
I know and I wasn't implying that you do support him.

Whether he is a racist or xenophobe or not as has been claimed, I do think this cohort have become more nuanced, therefore you don't get the outright fuck the niggers or foreigners anymore as racism has become far more nuanced, hence you get a site which only shows violence committed by blacks or whoever which kind of creates the impression that violence is all they know. Mix this with a bit of social concern on a few major issues and they appear more genuine.

As for SF/Mick Wallace et al, similar to FG/FF they will all do some things right and also have their fair share of cock ups, I agree, give credit where it is due and similarly criticise if warranted, it's why I wouldn't nail my colours to any of their masts simply because I would agree with some of their policies and disagree with others and that would be across all parties. Polarisation is what is fucking up societies, you're either with us (on everything) or against us is the new doctrine, and sadly more and more people are falling into line and becoming more extreme in their shift to the left or right.

If you can't take a bit of banter m8.
Boards.ie ➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️➡️

Don't mind all this left wing/right wing ideological bollox. Let's answer the important questions like "Why the hell is everyone on this place using m8?" Nobody in Cork says mate. It's either boy,kid,bud or langer. Seriously what's the story??

Don't mind all this left wing/right wing ideological bollox. Let's answer the important questions like "Why the hell is everyone on this place using m8?" Nobody in Cork says mate. It's either boy,kid,bud or langer. Seriously what's the story??
It's just internet talk, friendo

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

The Teachers Lounge (12A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼