Budget 2023

Explain to me how that could happen?

These people who work hard and barely survive?
I presume it's minimum wage, 1 family member working, high rent taking most of the money etc. That I can get.

How is someone on welfare going to Euro Disney? Probably cost about 2 grand all in.
My ex is on benefits. Gets €2450 a month for all the claims she makes. Also gets €700 off me and up until February was getting the mortgage paid on the house by me as well at €900 a month. Cash equivalent of over 4k a month. Probably need a salary of I'd imagine 70k per annum for that. The maintenance aside you'd need to earn 35k to be getting 2450 a month.

Also has medical cards, legal aid, fuel allowance and the bonus payments.

My net is around 2700 before i pay maintenance or anything and I get no medical card or anything.

Goes on 2 holidays a year, drives a 2022 BMW, designer clothes, cosmetic surgery, lives in a very nice area and is basically playing the system.

Where would any incentive to work be?

There are genuine people struggling and there are people playing the system.

My ex is on benefits. Gets €2450 a month for all the claims she makes. Also gets €700 off me and up until February was getting the mortgage paid on the house by me as well at €900 a month. Cash equivalent of over 4k a month. Probably need a salary of I'd imagine 70k per annum for that. The maintenance aside you'd need to earn 35k to be getting 2450 a month.

My net is around 2700 before i pay maintenance or anything and I get no medical card or anything.

Goes on 2 holidays a year, drives a 2022 BMW, designer clothes, cosmetic surgery, lives in a very nice area and is basically playing the system.

Wat

Explain that please.
2450 a month in benefits? What exactly?
700 in child support?
Mortgage paid?

How could you get 2450 in benefits when your mortgage is paid and your getting 700 in child support.
Benefit is mean tested.

LickY - I get the point you are making but the money she gets from you and the mortgage payments have nothing to do with the SW system or the budget. If she gets €2450 a month then that is the totality of what the country is stumping up, which is a lot. That would be a take home of €29,400 a year so you’d be earning around €40,000 I suppose for the same thing working.

"Gets €2450 a month for all the claims she makes."
Wow, and here was I worried you'd be vague about things.

Wat

Explain that please.
2450 a month in benefits? What exactly?
700 in child support?
Mortgage paid?

How could you get 2450 in benefits when your mortgage is paid and your getting 700 in child support.
Benefit is mean tested.
Spot on.
€2450 a month on top of child support and mortgage.
Utter nonsense. You have to send in bank statements for the previous 6 months and explain every single cent you receive.
If your ex is receiving child support and has a mortgage she won't get anywhere close to that.
So many holes in that.
As they said at the end of the movie The Big Short as banks were bailed out "Anytime there is a crisis like this nobody at the top is held accountable. They'll do what they always do and blame immigrants and poor people"

Spot on.
€2450 a month on top of child support and mortgage.
Utter nonsense. You have to send in bank statements for the previous 6 months and explain every single cent you receive.
If your ex is receiving child support and has a mortgage she won't get anywhere close to that.
So many holes in that.
As they said at the end of the movie The Big Short as banks were bailed out "Anytime there is a crisis like this nobody at the top is held accountable. They'll do what they always do and blame immigrants and poor people"
Right. Once I'm back in work on Monday I'll send you a pic of her statement of means from court

I got the mortgage payment dropped but had to sign away any interest in the house.

Regardless of what I'm paying, as I said in my post 2450 is a take home salary so no need to work.

Kids in school til 2.30 so easily could work part-time but no onus to

Ciara Kelly had Rose conway walsh on yesterday, She asked her had SF any complaints re the budget ?
Rose went straight on about housing, Ciara said when she looked at SF alternative budget the govt pledged more money,
On to health Rose said SF would have invested an extra 1. 3 billion more than govt, Ciara asked if so what sector would lose out
if that money was allocated ? Rose got very agitated " Will you let me speak Ciara"

Standard Shinner tactics.

Tues Dobbo was asking Lulu a perfectly valid question about her response to a SF TDs Tweet and she accused him of barking down the phone at her.

🙄

Benefit is mean tested.
Job seekers benefit isn't means tested, job seekers allowance is. Roughly now, you could get 220 a week + 146 for an adult dependant + 50 for a child over 12 (say 2 of them) weekly. Child benefit is 220 a month
Up to 2k there a month already.

Job seekers benefit isn't means tested, job seekers allowance is. Roughly now, you could get 220 a week + 146 for an adult dependant + 50 for a child over 12 (say 2 of them) weekly. Child benefit is 220 a month
Up to 2k there a month already.
Job seekers is temporary while you use up your stamps

What adult dependent?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Cork Voices Of The Irish Revolution

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼