Belfast

I've been up to Belfast before as part of a group, but this is the first time im planning a visit on my own.Any restaurant and pub recommendations would be welcomed and yes i know all about the Crown Liquor Saloon!I have a limited knowledge of the city but only limited, seeing that i never got the chance to explore it on my own devices.I know all about the Titanic stuff, the Cathedral Quarter and the Golden Mile etc.Any left of field options for a tourist to check out however would be appreciated.Im sure thing's like sectarianism won't be an issue.I know about the places near the city centre to avoid the likes of Sandy Row and Donegall Pass.It's not as if im going to wear clothing alerting people that im a nationalist from rebel Cork!Im going to be in the city for 2 days (maybe 3 depending on my budget) and i just want to cram as much possible into the couple of day's.

I've been up to Belfast before as part of a group, but this is the first time im planning a visit on my own.Any restaurant and pub recommendations would be welcomed and yes i know all about the Crown Liquor Saloon!I have a limited knowledge of the city but only limited, seeing that i never got the chance to explore it on my own devices.I know all about the Titanic stuff, the Cathedral Quarter and the Golden Mile etc.Any left of field options for a tourist to check out however would be appreciated.Im sure thing's like sectarianism won't be an issue.I know about the places near the city centre to avoid the likes of Sandy Row and Donegall Pass.It's not as if im going to wear clothing alerting people that im a nationalist from rebel Cork!Im going to be in the city for 2 days (maybe 3 depending on my budget) and i just want to cram as much possible into the couple of day's.

You're going to arrive right in the middle of marching season.

Your hands will probably be amputated.

Black taxi tour is well worth doing.

If you fancy a trip out of the city you can get a bus tour around the giants causeway and carrigarede rope bridge. I wasn't that impressed by the giants causeway but loved the rope bridge.

Black taxi tour is well worth doing.

If you fancy a trip out of the city you can get a bus tour around the giants causeway and carrigarede rope bridge. I wasn't that impressed by the giants causeway but loved the rope bridge.

I won't have time to venture outside the city.But i'll go on the black taxi tour!

Don't miss the Tiger's Bay zoo.

Yeah you may as well have told me to go into the Diamond Jubilee bar (Johnny Adair and his C company colleagues old hang out) on Shankill Road wearing a Johnny Adair is a big girls blouse t shirt!

Any hotel recommendations?Im looking at the Travelodge on Brunswick Street and The Premier Inn on Alfred Street.The Travelodge is getting very mixed reviews on tripadvisor though.

Any hotel recommendations?Im looking at the Travelodge on Brunswick Street and The Premier Inn on Alfred Street.The Travelodge is getting very mixed reviews on tripadvisor though.

I've stayed at Benedict's in the past and got an excellent deal by ringing them up and bartering with them. Don't worry, they expect it. Just start off the conversation by saying "I'm visiting Belfast for a few days and I'm just ringing around to get a few quotes".

HOWEVER, they are near a night club, which plays music until about 1am. So if you will be going to bed early, then you may want to pass.

The Hotel Restaurant was very good. When I booked in they give you a "First drink free voucher" which I used in the restaurant without any problem.

If you are thinking of driving in Belfast - don't. The Bus Lanes are a nightmare to avoid.

https://www.benedictshotel.co.uk/?utm_source=mybusiness&utm_medium=organic

I've stayed at Benedict's in the past and got an excellent deal by ringing them up and bartering with them. Don't worry, they expect it. Just start off the conversation by saying "I'm visiting Belfast for a few days and I'm just ringing around to get a few quotes".

HOWEVER, they are near a night club, which plays music until about 1am. So if you will be going to bed early, then you may want to pass.

The Hotel Restaurant was very good. When I booked in they give you a "First drink free voucher" which I used in the restaurant without any problem.

If you are thinking of driving in Belfast - don't. The Bus Lanes are a nightmare to avoid.

https://www.benedictshotel.co.uk/?utm_source=mybusiness&utm_medium=organic

Thank's Duff i'll give them a ring.As for the loud music until 1 am.If it was any later that would be a problem but 1 am isn't that bad.

The competition is pretty intense now on the Dublin to Belfast bus corridor.You have Bus Eireann/Translink Aircoach and Dublin Coach going head to head on that route.From my experience Dublin Coach are not reliable and a lot of their drivers are a bit nuts.I got a Dublin Coach bus to Waterford once and the driver drove like a mad man.Their coaches also have their share of break downs.They go straight to Belfast without stopping at Dublin airport but i think i'll give them a miss.I could get lucky with Bus Eireann/Translink if no one want's to get off in Newry Banbridge and Sprucefield.My old man will be traveling with me and Aircoach don't accept the free travel pass.So Bus Eireann/Ulster Bus i guess it is then.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Seattle Grunge Experience
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

25th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

The Big Swinin' Mikeys

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼