6 Megapixel camera/camcorder phone

What do ye make of this weapon...

xcute-dv2-03.jpg

xcute-dv2-01.jpg

It looks like a very impressive phone, the XCUTE DV2. 6 megapixels isn't the highest in a phone (that honour goes to the phone that samsung stuck on to a 7 megapixel pentax) and it doesn't actually look insanely massive actually. Bulky, but not insanely huge.
Should be available over here soon-ish, has good music ability, and very impressive video, VGA at 30 frames per second.

But if you told me I had no budget, I'd be able to cobble that together too. Not a million miles off something I was doing in Nokia.

The battery life looks poor, but it's all about the camera really.

hrmmm...

...but what is the OS like?

how hackable is it?

i've yet to see a phone that was truely customisable. it's always the small things they woss out on.

thread_killer said:
hrmmm...

...but what is the OS like?

how hackable is it?

i've yet to see a phone that was truely customisable. it's always the small things they woss out on.

Well it's probably some proprietary OS.

There's be a whole raft of Linux phones out there next year, along with Windows Mobile and Symbian. I don't see why people hack them to customise them, it seems like far too much effort for so little return.

And it'll be a little more difficult in future, there's a few different things that's being brought in a counter measures, including mask ROM software keys, write once keys, areas of security code that are prevented from being edited using fuses that can be destroyed after the code is written and systems that require a keycode from central servers even before it'll go into a mode that'll allow download of software, not to mind parallel programming and tougher encryption standards...

I know you probably know a way round all these things, but I'd be happier if you didn't, at least some random nut in a shed in the US won't be having a go off my phone.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

17th Apr 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Nat Mac

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼