Oscars 2024 - Cork's Cillian Murphy Wins Best Actor

His wife is a niece of John McGuiness TD from Kilkennny. John is a good guy and well above the average intellect in FF ranks. He is a well renowned business man too.
Michael Martin has been full of praise and well wishing to Cillian.
Michael Martin and John have never seen eye to eye so this result may result in some healing between the TDs.

His wife is a niece of John McGuiness TD from Kilkennny. John is a good guy and well above the average intellect in FF ranks. He is a well renowned business man too.
Michael Martin and John have never seen eye to eye so this result may result in some healing between the TDs.

WTAF..... seriously like !!!

Fair play to Cillian Murphy - he was excellent in a fantastic film.

Not surprised by the "Oppenheimer" wins - bar maybe Robert Downey Jnr. DeNiro was brilliant (and ice-cold) in "Killers Of The Flower Moon", as is Sterling K. Brown in "American Fiction".

Paul Giamatti looked a bit sickened as Murphy was played off. Can't blame him - he is tremendous in "The Holdovers". Haven't seen "Maestro" or "Rustin" yet.

All pundits had Lily Gladstone as a lock for best actress. She was outstanding in "Killers Of The Flower Moon"

I imagine there's gonna be a bit of VAR around the Emma Stone win. I tried to watch "Poor Things" but gave up on it.

I thought that Wes Anderson's version of "The Wonderful Story Of Henry Sugar" was superb but I gather it polarised the critics. Glad to see it win.

Oh - and Robbie Robertson should have won for the "KOTFM" score.

Fair play to Cillian Murphy - he was excellent in a fantastic film.

Not surprised by the "Oppenheimer" wins - bar maybe Robert Downey Jnr. DeNiro was brilliant (and ice-cold) in "Killers Of The Flower Moon", as is Sterling K. Brown in "American Fiction".

Paul Giamatti looked a bit sickened as Murphy was played off. Can't blame him - he is tremendous in "The Holdovers". Haven't seen "Maestro" or "Rustin" yet.

All pundits had Lily Gladstone as a lock for best actress. She was outstanding in "Killers Of The Flower Moon"

I imagine there's gonna be a bit of VAR around the Emma Stone win. I tried to watch "Poor Things" but gave up on it.

I thought that Wes Anderson's version of "The Wonderful Story Of Henry Sugar" was superb but I gather it polarised the critics. Glad to see it win.

Oh - and Robbie Robertson should have won for the "KOTFM" score.

Id say Anatomy of a fall is the best of the Oscar nommed fillums I saw this year.

Thought Oppenheimer was pretty boring tbh, which is a fair achievement given the subject matter.

MM was saying the other day he'd alot of dealings with Cillian Murphy's father when he was Minister For Education

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Roscoe

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11:30pm

More events ▼