2023 Premier Intermediate football

Football on the northside taking a hit with Na Piarsaigh going down here and Nicks not making it out of the group stage in Premier Junior
Under the Frank Regime, they got away with Murder with no relegation and treating competition with disdain.Now the Chickens coming home to roost. I expect Nicks to be relegated to Junior next year.

Kilshannig looked very impressive in second half, physically bullied Aghada into turnovers. Looking at the draw they look to be avoiding CNM, CTB and Iveleary until the final. That would make them favourites for me to win it out at the moment.

Pearse O’Neill was fantastic in first half, legs were clearly gone in second half and wasn’t able to contribute anything. Would worry about Aghada without him looked like they had nothing else.

Kilshannig looked very impressive in second half, physically bullied Aghada into turnovers. Looking at the draw they look to be avoiding CNM, CTB and Iveleary until the final. That would make them favourites for me to win it out at the moment.

Pearse O’Neill was fantastic in first half, legs were clearly gone in second half and wasn’t able to contribute anything. Would worry about Aghada without him looked like they had nothing else.
Kilshannig are pretty much back to full strength. I think Darragh O' Sullivan is their only current injury but they have plenty of good players to come in instead.

Aghada threw everything at Kilshannig in the first half and deserved their one point lead. Pearse O' Neill reeling in the years with his piercing runs causing Kilshannig all sorts of early problems. Wing back Tim Hartnett was very good going forward for Aghada too.

But Kilshannig tightened up and stopped any of these runs in the 2nd half. Kilshannig have such a range of scorers, it is hard to keep tabs on them all. They are strong, fit and athletic and wore Aghada down. Kieran Twomey was particularly good up front. Colm O' Shea and Bill Curtin also had good games at wing back, both getting on the score sheet.

I would put Kilshannig as favourites to win it out at this stage. It will take a good team to stop them. But there's a lot of football to be played yet so there can never be any certainty.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Laoise Leahy & The Johnny Taylor Trio
The Pav, Careys Lane

27th Oct 2024 @ 3:00 pm
More info..

DJ Jus Me (Crystal Bar)

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼