2022 Premier Senior Hurling

Charleville 2-27 Na Piarsaigh 0-13.

Charleville were expected to win this game by 6 or 7 points but I never realised how poor Na Piarsaigh would be. They were woeful. Only scored 2 points from play.

I feel for Na Piarsaigh as they are plagued with injuries most namely to Daire Connery, Evan Sheehan and Craig Hanifan. Christopher Joyce isn't the player he once was since his serious leg injury. But I think relegation will be good for them. It gives them a chance to regroup, get those lads fit and contest the Senior A. That grade is no gimme either but at least they'd have some chance of winning it if they got things right and blood in lads like Ross O' Sullivan.

Charleville then were too good to be in a relegation final. Two years in a row they found themselves in the group of death. This year though I felt they really looked like a top 6 or 7 team. The only thing is their squad is tight which probably cost them 2 weeks ago v Blackrock. If they played Newtown in the morning, I'd nearly tip Charleville. It just goes to show how tight and competitive this championship is.

Also, I think Jack Doyle has been tremendous in every game he has played this year. He certainly deserves a call up.

Last edited:
Surprised the ref in the Na Piarshaigh isn't taking the Charleville frees himself. Absolutely riding Na Piarshaigh.
1-11 to 3 points. Game over already
Really?? What about the Charleville disallowed goal at start of second half???? Goalkeeper threw his toys out of the pram saying he wasn’t ready for the throw in. Grand says referee and takes the ball back out to midfield & restarts the 2nd half again. Comical stuff.

No suprise and nobody could have any qualms with the result but still a bad day for hurling in the city. If Piarsaigh don’t get their act together quick they might not return to Senior anytime soon
Don't mind getting back up, they could go down again....momentum works both ways. Had some good minors last couple of years but need to integrate them quickly.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
Sin É, Coburg St

11th Aug 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Brewhouse Jazz

Franciscan Well Brew Pub, Tomorrow @ 6:30pm

More events ▼