2022 Premier Senior Hurling

red&blue

Fairly sure, if the club flags are anything to go by, that Barrs Bishopstown "border" is that little stream between Flannery's Pub and St Finbarr's graveyard. Which I think would put Summerstown bizarrely in Bishopstown GAA catchment area - though maybe that was some B'town guys having some bants with club colours.
Don’t even start me on that one, disgraceful that they passed the Wilton roundabout and into a Barrs stronghold, typical of the fuckers, thankfully they haven’t had a chance in 10 years now though 🤣

Thing is though that GAA "territory" is along old parish lines as far as I know. You could be geographically closer to the clubhouse/pitch of one club but in the "territory" of another. All a bit mental if you ask me, and certainly it should be a factor in reducing the draconian 98 week compulsory lay-off if someone wants to transfer their club in Cork (a lot of counties don't have the "club rule" that in Cork has seen some great talent lost to the game and terrible punishment inflicted on youngsters).
No 98 week rule for transferring in city from club to club.

Cusack park is not a tight pitch, it might not be in the best shape in 4 weeks time but bring it on!
Cuasack Park is the biggest GAA pitch around. It doesn't seem it with the crowd in on top of you.

The field in Ennis is literally the maximum size allowed for a GAA pitch - 145 metres long and 90 across.

To compare, Páirc Uí Rinn is 144 metres long and 88 metres wide

Pooman

Cuasack Park is the biggest GAA pitch around. It doesn't seem it with the crowd in on top of you.

The field in Ennis is literally the maximum size allowed for a GAA pitch - 145 metres long and 90 across.

Anybody who listens to the Dalo podcast will know this, it comes up everytime there's a big match up there 😀.

leeside_rebel

I always had in in my head it was really narrow. Probably alright because of the crowds right up on sidelines
Think Loughnane might have done a bit of alterations to it for a few league games back in the 90's

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Driven Snow
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

17th Feb 2023 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Rashomon

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

View more events ▼