Search results

1. R

2024 Junior A Football Championship

They are in division 6. Won division 7 last year beating Aghinagh in the final, subsequently going on to be relegated from the premier junior losing to Kinsale. You'd imagine it is between them and Mayfield for the Junior A city this year.
  2. R

Junior A Football 2023

Ya I would of thought so. Fair play to them. They should win the city now after taking out Douglas. Should have a right crack off the county.
  3. R

Junior A Football 2023

Wonder is there much of a crossover between there hurlers and footballers. Hurlers have a county semi this weekend also.
  4. R

Junior A Football 2023

Wouldn't be reading much into challenge games tbh. Mayfield in division 5 league should be playing at a higher lever than Junior A championship though. Would be nice to see a northside team have success given the negativity it has received over the last few weeks. Harsh on Michael's there. They...
  5. R

Junior A Football 2023

Cobh flying it in junior premier now also, they'd be consider more a football club in my eyes. I agree Jimmy, it's junior yes, but some very strong clubs there who will be looking to kick on. Can see City clubs being more competitive in the county over the next 2/3 years. Particularly Mayfield...
  6. R

2023 Premier Junior football

I'd fancy Cobh as well. Very well organised side. Those loses above could be the difference.
  7. R

2023 Premier Junior football

With Buttevant gone this thread has gone very quiet. Nonetheless- Interesting weekend. Cobh v Cullen: Fancy Cobh to win here by 4-5 points and set up a repeat of last years Junior A final. Millstreet v Urhan: Close game, but Mstreet just to nick it by a point or two. St.Michael's v Kinsale...
  8. R

2023 Premier sfc

Michael's to beat Douglas: Will have learned a lot from the first day out and should have a few bodies back. Duhallow will beat both. Nemo to beat Clon: Clon will fancy it, but Nemo should have the experience. Nemo by 2. Haven to beat Bcolig: To much fire power. Haven by 4.
  9. R

2023 Premier sfc

Barrs will win it handy. Whoever wins Clon/Nemo will be with them in the final. Douglas won't make it past Michael's Friday night, knockout football now they won't have the bottle.
  10. R

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Saunders in goal from Midleton will get an opportunity I would imagine. They'll be hoping to get Connolly back in ASAP. Cunningham & Twomey from the Barrs and Brian O'Sullivan from Kanturk should see some time.
  11. R

2023 Premier SHC

I would think so to. I fancy them from here now.
  12. R

2023 Premier SHC

Awful games in PUC yesterday alright. The first game was a dull, boring affair. Running game just does not suit the Rockies. The ref, whistle happy, and the free taking throughout was poor which led the wide count being significantly high. I'd fancy Imokilly to beat Sars handy tbh. Barrs...
  13. R

2023 Premier SHC

15 quid for a double header down the Pairc ain't bad, but with Rockies Sars being shown on tg4 I'd imagine the crowds will be down significantly. Especially considering Imokilly won't have the biggest of followings anyway.
  14. R

2023 Premier sfc

2015 vs Michael's
  15. R

PROC 2023 Senior Hurling County Championship ‘Name the Winners’ Competition

St Finbarrs v Charleville Glen Rovers v Kanturk Blackrock v Sarsfields Imokilly v Douglas
  16. R

Stephen Kenny Reign

Spot on!
  17. R

2023 Premier sfc

Few thought on yesterday, I was in Blarney for the Michael's Mallow game, mad scenes after the final whistle, Michael's not knowing whether to celebrate or not up to 15 mins after the game. I'd imagine Douglas were the same. On the game itself, fully deserving of the victory, and should of won...
  18. R

Stephen Kenny Reign

It's a results business at the end of the day. Say what you like about the quality of football but it's the results that bring fans the greatest joy. Think about Germany 1-0. O'Shea last min equalizer in Germany for a 1-1 draw. Beating Italy in the Euro's. All scrappy, but great nights for the...
  19. R

Stephen Kenny Reign

Say what you like about Kenny, and I for don't think he is anywhere good enough for the job, but players are just not there, still relying on James McClean who plays league 2 for Wrexham says it all really. Haven't a notion of scoring a goal with the likes of Idah and Connolly tbf.