Search results

1. C

Fox hunting

Not sure if I got my point across or you're just talking about hare coursing, maybe it's a cultural thing. I've only ever known what I described as coursing, though I have seen it called trail hunting before. don't know how long it's been around to qualify as a relic but thought it was fairly...
  2. C

Fox hunting

Trail coursing does all that without the cruel finale, exercise one horse by dragging a scent bag across a set course, then exercise the dogs and the rest of the horses following the scent. This can also avoid killing farm livestock and trashing farmers fences and gates, as well as the bad...
  3. C

Fox hunting

Precisely, it's almost as if the cruelty is the main reason for doing it, keeping down fox numbers is just an excuse.
  4. C

Fox hunting

Thanks for the welcome, I just think the hunting elite (Especially in england, swanforthelough made a good point comparing irish to english hunts) don't do it to keep fox numbers down, there are, after all, more effective and far less cruel ways to do that.
  5. C

Fox hunting

Fair point, going out on a horse to be mobile and keep down fox numbers is one thing, I don't think foxes are cuddly wuddly innocents, but there are more effective and far less cruel ways of dealing with the problem than hunting with dogs.
  6. C

Fox hunting

The only reason people get on a horse to go 'fox hunting' is to look down on other people, it's not a sport, it's an indulgence used by rich people to try & make other people feel inferior & common, in truth it points to crashing inferiority complex & terrifying lack of self worth, coupled with...