Search results

1. O

Springsteen down the Park !

Wouldn't be among the best half dozen musicians in his band. Whatever about his songwriting prowess (which went on the slide after DOTEOT), he wouldn't have any standing as a guitarist.
  2. O

Springsteen down the Park !

Bruce the legend doing it for the money.
  3. O

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Off-topic question for the older members: is Patrick Horgan the best stickman in Cork hurling history, or beyond? I can't think of any other hurler who could weave a point from play like he did last Saturday night. And he has produced dozens in his time.
  4. O

Cork Minor Football 2024

Nothing wrong with making them choose early. Players can't be top level at both codes at an IC level. Please correct me if I am wrong but when they go back to their clubs, they are probably playing both codes. Should the county focus be solely on football-only clubs with follow-up support from...
  5. O

Batsh*t Crazy Green Party

What a stupid response. Does it matter whether it is Gript or the Guardian reporting here? How exactly do you establish whether someone is 'LGTB+' or not? Where is 4% picked from? What does it matter whether a person is 'LGBT+' or not? I doubt whether you are capable of answering one of those...
  6. O

GAAGO - Rebel Strike (again)

The problem is that Cork fans are seen as a cash cow, or else there is the mistaken belief that Cork is still a major power in hurling.
  7. O

Batsh*t Crazy Green Party

Twill be interesting having to fill out an application form for a job vacancy in RTE from now on.
  8. O

Cyclists

What is your point? Killing an 81 yo woman is okay if it means lycra on a bike can do speed trials around a public park at 30mph?
  9. O

Cork u20 Football 2024

The Cork obsession with the Liam McCarthy cup is baffling when the Sam Maguire cup is the biggest prize in Irish sport.
  10. O

Will Holly Cairns improve the chances of the fledging Social Democrats

And there are many in the "pro-Palestine" camp here and abroad who couldn't give a toss about what happened on 7 October.
  11. O

Move to Sweden, Work less...

Plenty of vacancies arising in the Swedish police force just now. To maintain gender balance in the numbers employed, identifying as a female would be helpful in applying. https://gript.ie/scandal-in-sweden-as-female-cops-reportedly-sexually-involved-with-gang-members/
  12. O

Will Holly Cairns improve the chances of the fledging Social Democrats

The Social Dimocrats in full swing here. https://www.rte.ie/news/regional/2024/0501/1446869-soc-dems/
  13. O

The next Government

Hear, hear - MM being a classic example.
  14. O

Immigration Thread

Both governments will put a cold towel on this issue over the next week or two. Nothing much to be gained for either side politically.
  15. O

Cork u20 Football 2024

Why does Dublin get that amount of lolly when Cork don't? Our reps must be shite.
  16. O

Cork u20 Football 2024

That does them and the senior hurlers, who are of the same level as the footballers, sweet f good.
  17. O

Immigration Thread

He is lining her up to take the fall for this mess, which is as much his creation as anyone else's.
  18. O

Immigration Thread

How exactly are these asylum seekers to be returned to the UK please? The Irish government is only creating trouble for itself with such law.
  19. O

Cork Footballers

You have a good point though. I have found myself having less and less interest in the IC game. The AI qualification and matches system is convoluted and thus hard to follow. It's all happening in April. The matches are becoming 'products' and short-term revenue maximisation seems to be Croke...
  20. O

Immigration Thread