Search results

1. H

Bargaining/Haggling on price of car for buying

Following on from the 'need a new car' thread. And acknowledging that there is a motor forum, but this is more generic. I do 'need' a new car, family of 4 recently upgraded by one small girl, so the small 1.2l car wont hold us all. Am looking at a trade in at a garage for a 7 seater Peugeot...
  2. H

International(Compro mise aussie/GAA) Rules 2011

Squad named.... The Irish coaching team includes Eoin Liston (Kerry), Kevin O'Brien (Wicklow), Seán Óg de Paor (Galway) and Kieran McGeeney (Armagh). Mike Mc Gurn is the team's physical trainer. Ireland will play Australia in games in Etihad Stadium in Melbourne, on 28 October and the...
  3. H

Henry Coyle - Boxing world title - Castlebar

Just saw this chap from Mayo win a world title - broadcast on tg4. Know nothing of the calibre of the title but it was a good fight he put in. Looks a good boxer. Won by opening the Italians eye with his head but was well on top in all 5 rounds and looked not intended.... Fair play to the lad...
  4. H

tv show - Cork Vs Kilkenny history

For anyone interested - tg4 tonight at 21.30. Laochra Gael – Na Coimhlintí (OS)21:30Kilkenny v Cork – 1999 - 2010: Cork and Kilkenny is one of the oldest and most famous rivalries in hurling, and from 1999 & over the following decade, hurling followers everywhere were treated to an epic saga...
  5. H

I phone unlock? jailbreak

I have been handed down an I phone. I have a vodafone pay as you go Nokia (old old) phone. I wiped the I phone to the point where now I cannot access it anymore only for emergency calls. Can I unlock this or jailbreak (I have been internetting and got lots of complex options but no sense) this...
  6. H

Fantasy Premier League 2011-2012

The website is up and running for the coming season for any eager beavers among us...
  7. H

OWL Wireless Electricity Monitor - Reviews?

The library had one of these (for loan) so I have borrowed it for a couple of weeks. What can I expect?? I dont expect much to be honest, I guess it will show up that we have boiled the kettle after we have boiled the kettle, but in terms of how we can save money/cut out CO2 emissions/save the...
  8. H

Cunting crows

Bird feeders bought, for seed, put in garden, full, waiting to see what little birds might visit the back garden and to show the smallies and all I get are hoards (or a murder) of crows. The hungry cunts. I know its gonna take time for the wee birds to cop on theres free seed in the garden but...
  9. H

kitchen lights energy consumption question

afternoon. Theres a light from the ceiling in the kitchen. When it is working correctly there are four bulbs providing light. When the bulbs go, they get replaced, all easy so far. Question is - when two bulbs are gone, there are only two working, does this mean that theres only half the...
  10. H

Floodmaps.ie

There is a website that gives some history of flooding around the country that might be of interest to some of ye. It is built up from data reported to the OPW then verified so there is lots and lots that is not there but sure it is a start...
  11. H

GAA 2009 - Dublin vs Meath

When the GAA decided to fix a second game the same day as the Meath vs Dublin gaelic football game on 7th June can anyone here fathom where in the hell they came up with putting on an Antrim vs Dublin hurling game as the second game of the double header. To me that only suits one county. Boo...
  12. H

Are Limerick any use at Gaelic Football?

Like it says?? Seeing as what Meath have to travel down there in the qualifiers and I know feck all about Limerick footy players... they tend to blow hot an d cold dont they, or warm and cold.... Didnt Louth beat them in the qualifiers last year?
  13. H

My garden got flooded and I want something...

Theres a developer kindly replacing the nice field out the back with lots of high appartment blocks. (I am now overlooked by about 30 windows but I bought the house after during the planning application stage so I think I have missed my opportunity to do anything about that one). The other day...
  14. H

Damien Reid RIP

GAA player from Louth, passed away, details below. He was a lovely chap and may he rest in peace. From Hoganstand.com Louth and Mattock Rangers GAA have been dealt a sad blow today with the passing of their great stalwart Damien Reid. Damien served club and county tremendously as both a...
  15. H

Cancer Research UK's Race for Life 2008

Any of you entering... Could run after Nell Mc Andrew. She might be naked.
  16. H

Scottish Highlands

Tell me all there is to do in the scottish highlands. Itinerary as it stands... Hire camper van in ROI, drive to ferry in Blefast, go to Stranraer and point it North for 10 days. Camper will contain all the normal stuff plus wife, 12 week old baby, hiking boots and surf board. I would rather...
  17. H

Dublin Gaelic Footballers Brawling. Again.

In the high passion high risk stuff that was the O Byrne cup game against Carlow the Dubs managed to end up in an all in brawl resulting in 2 men (one Dub, One Carlow) getting sent off. I wonder did their upstanding manager shoulder anyone in the back from the blind side this time, or were any...
  18. H

Anna Livia Lounge - Dublin Airport

For €25 after the check in gate there is a lounge - essentially a business lounge - where anyone with €25 can go and enjoy. Do you think that this is value for money, there is a drinks bar there that one can help oneself to, and snacks, nice seats and the internet. All included. You can go...
  19. H

Dublin to Belfast trains not running

Today, and possibly over the weekend. Freight train down in Skerries, just south of Balbriggan, all trains cancelled with an outside chance of one track being good to go maybe some time today. Be wise.
  20. H

Financial Advisors

Are they worth the fee?? Am thinking of engaging one (how much will I spend on the ring - ha ha). I work, have a salary, a pension, two seperate share things, am recently married (spent two months net wages on a nice simple ring - all happy) and recently became a father so herself is now at...