Search results

1. V

PROC Hurling Championship 2024 “Name the Winners” Competition

Wexford Dublin Clare Limerick Galway Thanks R&B
  2. V

Cork Minor Hurling 2024

I hope he does. Dowling is a smug smartass and so far his tenure in management has been p!ss poor. Interestingly after 2 rounds of the underage Munster championships Limerick are yet to win a game. Indeed the famed Limerick academy that Anthony Daly likes to rave about hasn't won an underage All...
  3. V

The Hurling Thread

That's a weak enough bench in my opinion. If I was a Limerick fan I'd also have serious reservations about David Reidy starting let alone starting center forward. In saying that the rest of the team is exceptionally strong as expected.
  4. V

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Just while I've the Waterford team on my mind I have to acknowledge as a hurling fan that its great to see a player the calibre of Tadhg De Burca come back from his 3rd serious injury in 4 years to play Munster championship. Some mental resilience in fairness. A tough tough man I'd say.
  5. V

Wexford Kilkenny Galway Limerick Cork Thanks R&B
  6. V

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

No Jack Fagan starting and no Paddy Leavey. I find that very surprising and expect one if not both of them to start come throw in. Although I had heard a rumour last week that Fagan had a very slight niggle but nothing major.
  7. V

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I actually thought he'd be on the bench over the injury, coming on with 20 to go as the game opened up. I still rather Coleman tried midfield or even center forward. Obviously not going to happen now that championship season is here. Although maybe he might end up midfield yet as the...
  8. V

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I'm a bit neutral on that team to be honest. Not dissapointed (as I was say v Clare last year) not overly excited (as I was v Limerick last year) The negatives for me, Eoin Downey not starting??? Very strange in my opinon thought he had an excellent league. Coleman at wing back is a concern...
  9. V

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I genuinely can't see how Cunningham could even be considered for the matchday panel currently given he played no league this year and wasn't on the panel last year. As R&B said in a previous post he'd want to be doing something pretty spectacular in training to be parachuted in at this stage...
  10. V

The Hurling Thread

Limerick Cork Clare Going to be epic. No team to finish on 0 points. No team to finish on maximum points. At least 2 games to finish in draws. Score difference to come into play.
  11. V

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

That's a very strong starting 15. However I'd be very sceptical of their bench options. I'd be nervous enough heading down there. They beat Tipp last year when they could easily have checked out as their year was already done. They were getting hosed against us in the league game in the 20...
  12. V

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Barrett is doing an awful lot right over the last 2 seasons. His ability to win dirty ball in the ruck is a quality we have been missing for a large number of years. Indeed his ability to win primary possession as a whole be it high or low is very admirable. His workrate is also outstanding in...
  13. V

Cork u20 Hurling 2024

Clare and their supporters are in no position to be lecturing anyone about the blight of diving in the game. I've no idea if Buckley dived. I only saw the game in real time and haven't seen it back so missed the incident but linesman seemed pretty adamant about what happened. I just think...
  14. V

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

He did. Didn't take much notice of him that day although that game was over from a long way out.
  15. V

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Feck sake. Got terrace tickets through a friend last week. Now there's stand tickets gone up 🤯🤯 Least I'll be there I suppose. I'd say they can't give the tickets away in Waterford from the sounds of it.
  16. V

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I was in that category before retiring. Physically couldn't train on astro, knees and ankles used to swell and also caused me backpain. Even these days when I play 5 aside at near walking pace I'm broken up for days after it. I used feel that physical training on astro was of no use as it bore...
  17. V

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

What's the injury?
  18. V

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Hopefully that comes to pass. Quality of play and attendances will all be well down if this doesn't stop.
  19. V

Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Lads what kind of state will Walsh Park be in 13 days time. Pitches could have a bearing on some incidents in games around the country in earlier rounds. I've never seen a Spring as wet. It'll need a good 5 or 6 days drying to even resemble a championship surface. Where are Cork even training...
  20. V

I despise Kilkenny and I despise Kerry. This new hybrid county has me frothing at the mouth and baying for blood 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯