Search results

1. S

Junior A Hurling Championship 2024

I think Buttevant should win the JBHC pulling up if they put any effort into it. If not they will still win but Ballyclough might give them a game in the final.
  2. S

Cork Minor Football 2024

The quality was quite poor I think. There were 1/2 players that did not even look like footballers. They looked awkward and stuck together but I won’t name names. On the positive, the corner forward was lively and we battled back well. If we could sort the frees and avoid a situation where we...
  3. S

Cork Footballers

our defenders played relatively well today especially in man marking roles. Mixed emotions for JC as Rory Maguire was sitting in stand and it was only a pleasure as far as I was concerned. Matt Taylor did lots of good things and lots of bad things. I’m not Brian Hurleys biggest fan but he had a...
  4. S

2024 Junior A Football Championship

Agree on this.. I think there are 6 junior a teams playing county league currently: Mayfield, Aghinagh, St Michaels, Castlemagner, Argideen Rangers and Ballyhooly
  5. S

Muskerry will be tough to win. A lot of teams will feel they have a chance which wasn’t the case the last few years with the big juggernauts like Canovee and Kilmurry. Even though Aghinagh and Inniscarra would be fancied some one like Grenagh or Donoughmore wouldn’t be afraid of having a cut off...
  6. S

I predict: Avondhu: LC Gaels Seandun: Mayfield Carrigdhoun: Ballygarvan Imokily: Lisgoold Muskerry: Inniscarra Duhallow: Castlemagner Carbery: Barryroe
  7. S

Cork Minor Football 2024

I am told that the only footballer in the panel from Duhallow is also a converted West Cork man!!! West cork mafia run this age group
  8. S

The Gaels are yet to push on. The two original clubs joined a good while ago to play higher grades. That is their aim and that is why they are together. They are looking at counties rather than Avondhu. I was very surprised with the loss to Glanworth last year but tbf Glanworth proved...
  9. S

dripsey are this years cloughduv! In all honesty I think winner will come from Tracton, Newmarket, Balinora, Harbour Rovers, Carraig na bhfear or Kilshannig
  10. S

Cork u20 Football 2024

Probably Olan O’Donovan of Barryroe
  11. S

Cork Footballers

I don’t think Cork gaa should be spending money sending this team on a training camp to Portugal in the summer. We should put the money into the clubs instead
  12. S

Cork Footballers

Who got sent off?
  13. S

Fitzgibbon/Sigerson

Colin Coughlan was disappointing today as was Mark Rodgers. Thought Fitzgerald of UL and Diarmuid Ryan of Mary I were the pick. Kevin O’Brien played well too. Were Colin O’Brien and Brian O’Sullivan the only Cork lads on? O’Brien got a nice free at the end but neither would be adding anything...
  14. S

Croke Rovers are Castlemagner and Kilbrin and Duarigle Gaels are Millstreet and Cullen. The only team in Duhallow not amalgamated is Lyre who play C. Kanturk, Dromtarriffe, Boherbue, Knocknagree, Kiskeam, Rockchapel, Newmarket all in various amalgamations
  15. S

Donoughmore miles off it. Grenagh could improve this year. Balinora should still win Muskerry and be thorn in anyone’s side in county championship. Avondhu should be won by Kilshannig. They have best team but care only for football. Ballyhooly, Clyda, LC Gaels and Harbour thereabouts. Am I the...
  16. S

Nearly all of Canovee team that won the county were over 21 I’m sure.
  17. S

Apologies. They may have got a point! Birchall is around 23 I think but they should have some more good u21s I’d have thought. They won the North Minor A final 2 years ago. Don’t think mitchelstown played higher but could be wrong.
  18. S

Killavullen u21s got hammered 4-14 to 0-0 against Mitchelstown. Killavullen were supposed to have a highly rated young team I thought?
  19. S

Club transfers 2024

Most interesting in that list for me would be Brian O’Driscoll, Mark Creed, two Kanturk lads to Castlemagner, Gavin Carey and Dylan O’Connor
  20. S

Club transfers 2024

Can someone post the list here if they get hold of it? Is donnacha Desmond from ballymartle?