Search results

1. A

popular things you think are shit

The only place on the southside that is anyway comparable to most of the Northside is Mahon and that's because Mahon is full of relocated norries and travellers.
  2. A

Would you think any less of a man......

Looks like the worst lineup ever to me.
  3. A

Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

Moved this from the TV series thread where I posted it by mistake Living. Based in 1950s London, a souless bowler hatted and suitless automaton gets a terminal diagnosis which brings about an awakening. Over emotional and even maudilin, I still found the simple story enjoyable. Bill Nightly...
  4. A

What TV Series Are You Watching Now?

Just realised this is in the wrong thread.
  5. A

Your Mental Health

Alcoholism and drug addiction to meds is one of the big ones it leads to.
  6. A

Cork city has gone to the dogs.

20 extra cars does not a traffic problem make.
  7. A

Far-Right Protests in Fermoy

9/2 for Derek. Unlikely still but a definite narrowing of the odds as you said. It will be interesting to see the result as it will be a clearer indicator of the level of support he has. I'd be surprised if he was even close but we'll see.
  8. A

Cork city has gone to the dogs.

The Blackrock lobby is a powerful one. We pay their wages
  9. A

Your Mental Health

I was unaware Mary McCarthy was a mental health professional? When did that happen?
  10. A

Far-Right Protests in Fermoy

What pricing? Link?
  11. A

Dubai, why the fuck holiday in such a shit hole?

If Water parks are your thing, the one in Tenerife, Siam Park is the best in Europe.
  12. A

Must.... Own....property....

You do realise that you're in fact descended from peasants from West Cork who came into the city less then 200 years ago? Your descendants would be indistinguishable from the current inhabitants of the halting site in Spring Lane.
  13. A

Must.... Own....property....

. I and all the people in my private school called our mother's mom or mum. Never mam. That's reserved for norries and southsiders from Togher, Ballyphehane or Mahon.
  14. A

Christ it was painfull.
  15. A

Well thanks for the rating of a 30 year old movie without the title and instead just a random quote.
  16. A

So you finally discovered coming to America? I haven't watched it in years but 8/10 seem pretty high to me.
  17. A

The Action Plan for Housing.

Nice picture. I lived in Cork then and now. There are way more people on the streets now.
  18. A

The Action Plan for Housing.

Living in a hotel room in the 80s = fuck all. Living in a hotel room now= At the end of May 2022, 972 families in the capital were residing in emergency accommodation,
  19. A

What movie is this?