Search results

1. K

Desktop Icons, can this be done?

Just throwing this out there as I cant find the answer on google.. Does anyone know of any off the shelf software that can be installed on a pc that can hide a desktop icon depending on the time of day? (For Windows Vista, XP etc..) Basically I have two identical looking application shortcuts...
  2. K

Artificial Christmas Tree

Good Morning.. I cannot find a listing anywhere on the net despite trying for the last 2 days but.... Does aynone know where to get a good looking artificial Christmas tree in or around the Cork/Ballincollig area? (The tree woud need to be 6.5 foot or more) Was looking at the Woodies ones...
  3. K

Eircom Router

Had my Eircom 2Mb Broadband router die after Wednesdays lightning... Does anyone know where I can pick up a replacement router in Ballincollig? Eircom are sending one out to me, but I cant afford to wait until Tuesday like they are suggesting. I'm running a home office and its pretty much...
  4. K

SCAM: Warning for Irish website owners

This has been going on for a while now, has anyone experience with the scam. Basically a company based in Germany claiming to be from the "internet register Ireland" were offering a listing on their register for free you just sign the form and send it off with some basic company details such as...
  5. K

What happened this morning near Macroom?

Anyone know what happened this morning near Macroom? I was driving from Macroom to Ballincollig this morning at about 5:20am. Just outside Macroom town on the Cork side of Kellehers Ford (aka Statoil) there were at least three fire engines, at least 30 firemen and a load of squad cars parked...
  6. K

7. K

Is it just my connection??

Can you get to letshost.ie right now?
  8. K

New home for dog?

My uncle passed away on Monday and I am left trying to find a new home for his dog. Its a straight cross between a doberman and a boxer... Does anyone know of a place that can take dogs like this in, everyone wants to have him put down but hes a georgous dog. I'm feeding him myself but I dont...
  9. K

FAO: (nerds)

What do ye make of this..... http://www.paddysinspace.com/ I found this a few weeks ago, the SETI program is connected to the big Radar in South America thats searching the sky for radio waves. The whole project is run by the Berkely Science Lab in the States, they use volunteers to process...
  10. K

Higher VRT in climate plan???

I thought a few months ago they said that VRT was being done away with completely over the next few years.. WTF is this about then Mr Roche...???? http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0402/Climate.html The Environment Minister, Dick Roche, has announced that a levy is to be placed on incandescent...
  11. K

Kitten

Anyone know where the cats home is in Cork? The aul google search is coming back with fark all. Looking for a white kitten for me daughter, she's talked me into it and I agreed (apparently) corkanimalfriends site appears to be down...
  12. K

Car Audio Show

Just in case anyones interested.....
  13. K

Hezbollah 'seize Israel soldiers'

Hmmm.....will they have to invade Lebanon now? Hezbollah 'seize Israel soldiers' The Lebanese Shia militant group Hezbollah says it has captured two Israeli soldiers during clashes across the Lebanese-Israeli border. The announcement was made on the group's television channel, al-Manar...
  14. K

Ireland to hold World Rally Championship

Ireland to hold World Rally Championship The Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland are to co-host the World Rally Championship next year with three days of racing in the border counties, it was revealed today. A round of the hair-raising motorsport will be held on November 18-20, 2007...
  15. K

WTF have they done??

I opened my email this morning to see a flood of emails coming in telling me that my website was down (emails from the forum members on my site) So I went to the site to see what the story was... Now when I go to my site its going to a search engine.. information.com seems to be the culprit...
  16. K

Hives

I just noticed that I have a few annoying hives appearing (Itchy as phuck) Speaking to a few people I am told that loads of people are complaining of the same thing, just over the last few days. Anyone else have them? or anyone know where they are coming from. I thought it might have been...